Life > Experiences

Review of the Trilogy Tour Concert With Ricky Martin, Pitbull, and Enrique Iglesias

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

I have been a fan of Ricky Martin, Pitbull, and Enrique Iglesias since I was a kid. As long as I can remember, my mom and cousin were always playing their music and teaching my sister and I the lyrics in both English and Spanish. My excitement before this concert was through the roof, and none of them disappointed. Each artist performed for around an hour with a 30 minute break in between each set.

First to perform was Ricky Martin. He performed all of his greatest and well-known hits which got the energy in the arena flowing. It was incredible to see that even at his age he was dancing and moving so effortlessly. His stage presence was amazing and he was interacting with the audience so much, whether it was having us sing parts of his songs or having us participate in chants. 

Next to perform was Pitbull. I had seen on Tik Tok and read in articles prior to the concert that his set almost turned the arena into a club, and that he would have every single person singing and dancing. All of those videos and articles were true. I nearly lost my voice after his set, and my cousin was out of breath from dancing so much. It was truly a big party. He also performed all of his greatest and well-known songs. What I liked best during his set (besides the music of course) was when he took a moment to tell us all about how he set up a school in Miami and all of his accomplishments with that. It was very heartwarming. 

Last to perform was Enrique Iglesias. Like his partners, he performed all of his greatest and well-known songs, but he had the best audience work in my opinion. Apart from the main stage, there was a smaller one across the arena that he performed on in the middle of his set. It was incredible to have him perform so close to where my seat was. With that, he also took to the floor and was giving out shots, hugging people, and taking photos with fans while still singing. 

There are truly no words to describe my experience going to this concert. It was a big party the entire night. If I could see any of them again in concert, I would. If you ever get the chance to go to the Trilogy Tour, or even see any of them in concert, I promise you will not regret it!

Emily is an Advertising Management student attending Michigan State University. She graduated from a small school in Northern Michigan where she was a member and leader in student government, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, and Youth Advisory Council (Y.A.C.); serving roles in each. When she goes home for school breaks and the summer, she works as a sales associate and the social media manager for her local hardware store. She enjoys working on the store layout while in person as well as posting weekly on social media accounts to keep their customers informed of what products they have and the services they can assist with while away at college. In her free time Emily likes to attend concerts, listen to music, watch movies, go on hikes or walks, and spend time with her friends and family. She loves 80s movies and music with her favorite movie being Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. She also loves to play soccer and volleyball, playing both since she was a kid. She is excited to get the opportunity to write for Her Campus and be a part of this community.