A Nostalgic Playlist to Help You Romanticize Going to Class in This Crappy Weather

Here is a list of some soft songs you can listen to on one of those long treks across campus or while you’re staring out the window on a CATA bus and pretending like you’re in one of those movie montages (we all do it). You know, like when the heroine might be going through it but she is persevering and still taking care of business while feeling all the feels.

Hopefully, you can find some music here to help you tune out from chaos that is college life and the chaos that is Michigan weather. I personally love to listen to any version of "Moon River" on my way to class, work, or any other obligations after 4 p.m., since, thanks to daylight savings time, the moon is already starting to make an appearance by late afternoon— it also provides some nice inspiration to take a little detour along the Red Cedar River and get a good dose of nature, ducks, waves, moon/street light, and anything else that isn’t a computer or lecture screen.​

1. 1. "Like Real People Do" by Hozier

2. 2. "California" by Lana Del Rey

3. 3. "The Dress Looks Nice On You" by Sufjan Stevens

4. 4. "Godspeed" by Frank Ocean

5. 5. "Sea of Love" by Cat Power

6. 6. "Imagine" by Ariana Grande 

7. 7. "You Send Me" by Sam Cooke

8. 8. "The Night We Met" by Lord Huron

9. 9. "Stubborn Love" by The Lumineers

10. 10. "Emmylou" by First Aid Kit

11. 11. "Georgia" by Vance Joy

12. 12. "Honey and the Moon" by Joseph Arthur

13. 13. "Linger" by The Cranberries

14. 14. "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star

15. 15. "Eyes" by Rogue Wave

16. 16. "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman

17. 17. "Girl From the North Country" by Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash

18. 18. "Moon River" by Frank Ocean

Bonus: Literally anything from the album Louis & Ella For Lovers is automatically Peak Romanticization Music, and it is especially magical to listen to once that rain turns to snow. 

I wish you dreamy listening!