This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Baking is an art, and every baker needs inspiration from time to time. With Spring in full bloom, it’s easy to get lost in all the seasonal flavors. Here’s a guide to some wonderful Spring flavors (and accompanying recipes) that you can use to bake with at home. 

1. Lemon and Blueberry

This combination is very refreshing and sweet! Try making a Lemon-Blueberry Poke Cake (and don’t be shy with the citrus) or these Mini Lemon Blueberry Cheesecakes.

2. Strawberries and Cream

You can’t go wrong with this classic combination. Go old-school with a Strawberry Shortcake or try something new with Fresas Con Crema

3. Raspberry and Rhubarb

Who says pies are just for fall? Make a Raspberry Rhubarb Pie for a Spring picnic!

4. Lavender and Honey

This is probably my favorite flavor combination. You need to try these Honey Lavender Macarons and Honey Lavender Almond Madeleines

Check what flavors are in season and be creative! Baking is all about having fun and experimenting, so have fun with your desserts. Happy baking!

A Michigan State University student by day, an 8-hour sleeper by night Aditi would best describe herself as a "rather simple enigma." As she embarks on her college journey, Aditi cherishes the simple things in life: a cup of coffee, some pastel post-it notes, and her ever-growing succulent.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.