Style > Beauty

My Top Not-Quite-Lipstick Lip Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

As someone who has naturally light-colored lips and hates the look and texture of lipstick, it took me a lot of trial and error to find lip products that worked for me. Here are four products that aren’t quite lipstick, but add that pop of color.

1. Elf Cosmetics Hydrating Core Lip Shine

Unlike classic lipsticks, this lip product is very moisturizing, but it has more color and longer wear than lip-gloss. It comes in six colors and runs currently at $7, making for an affordable, everyday option. Plus, the core looks like a heart.

2. Dior Addict Lip Glow

Dior is currently sold out of their fan favorite tinted lip oil, but in my opinion, this product takes the cake. Coming in at $38, it’s the least affordable option on this list. However, it comes in 23 colors, and when applied, it leaves lips moisturized and with a light tint throughout the day.  Lip glow is the way to go when you want to splurge on a lip product.

3. Glossier Ultralip

Admittedly, the Ultralip lingers on the edge of lipstick, but it is more sheer and longer-lasting than a classic lipstick. If lipstick layers too dark or dramatic for you, this product is a good solution. For $18 and in nine shades, Glossier aims for natural and radiant.

4. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm

There are a lot of tinted chapsticks in the world, but Burt’s Bees has mastered the balance between hydrated and tinted lips. Sold at almost any retail store for $5.99, it can’t be beat on quality for price.

If you aren’t a fan of lipsticks or glosses, there are still lots of lip products for you to choose from in a wide range of prices, looks, and pigments.

Kearsten Little Ankofski is Staff writer and a Sophomore Film Major, hoping to pursue a career in screenwriting. She also works part- time for Michigan State University, and likes to spend time with her cat, Korra in her free-time.