My top favorite budget-friendly Christmas desserts 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Christmas time is finally here! If you’re a broke college kid like me, sometimes the best gift you can get (and afford to) give is food. Here’s a short list of my top favorite Christmas desserts on a budget.

Hot chocolate dip

If you like me have a ton of different Christmas parties to go to, but not a ton of funds to bring food, this is the dessert for you. With only 3 ingredients (and a side of graham crackers) this dip is super easy to make! All you need to do is mix marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, and hot chocolate powder together in a bowl, and boom, a scrumdiddlyumptious dip for you and your friends to enjoy!

Sugar cookies

A classic of course, but I feel like it deserves to have a place on this list! Any recipe online works for this dessert. You can even save frosting them for later as a fun activity to do with your friends, family, or significant other.

Pretzel jello

To be honest, I’ve never made this before, but I have had the pleasure of demolishing it! Everyone loves jello and everyone loves pretzels. If you wanna be extra fancy, pop some fruit in the jello pretzel whip mixture and you’ll be thanking me later!

Chocolate eclair cake

This is super easy and no oven is needed. Just graham crackers, Cool Whip, and pudding layered then boom you have a cake!

Christmas Crack

Once again another graham cracker-related dessert. Christmas crack is a layer of graham cracker, caramel, and chocolate frozen together and topped with whatever you see fit!

This concludes my short list of my favorite Christmas desserts. Whether you are hosting or attending a Christmas event this holiday season, these desserts are guaranteed to turn heads without emptying your wallet!

Anna is a sophomore studying preveterinary medicine at Michigan State University and is so excited to be a part of Her Campus at MSU! Although her major is not anything writing related she has a big interest in journalism and any sort of creative writing as a whole. Anna hopes that her articles bring joy to anyone who reads them! In her free time Anna enjoys kayaking, paddle boarding, reading, and painting! Anna has pretty low expectations and is happy pretty much anywhere close to nature. If she's not on the beach, you can find Anna at a coffee house because despite having a heart condition Anna has a crippling caffeine addiction. Anna believes that she single handedly could keep Starbucks in business with the amount of times she goes a week! Anna’s one saving grace from being a woman in STEM is her dorm cat Poppy, who keeps her sane and is often featured on Anna’s social media (although some may say the amount of times Poppy is “featured” Anna’s accounts are just as much Poppy’s as they are Anna’s). You can find Anna on snapchat and instagram at “awiezperson” (a pun Anna thinks is hilarious but in all reality is not).