This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

All my life I have struggled with my hair pattern. At first, I thought I had straight hair that was just super frizzy all the time. When I would wash it, I would have waves in it, but when I dried and brushed my hair, it would puff up and be almost unmanageable. After scrolling through Tiktok, I discovered that I actually have wavy hair! Like most people who are just discovering this, I had no idea which products to use to give me gorgeous, beachy waves. Here are my top 4 favorite products for people with wavy hair:

1. Eva Nyc Gotta Bounce – Curl Defining Cream

I know what you’re thinking as someone with wavy hair: “why would I use this? I don’t have curls!” While waves are not as coiled as some other curl patterns, wavy hair is still a curl pattern. This curl cream is one of my absolute favorites to use. Not only does it define my waves beautifully, but it also smells awesome! I usually apply this first in my hair routine by pumping some into my hands, rubbing it together, and evenly applying it all over my hair while scrunching. It gives my waves beautiful shine and definition.

2. Not Your Mother’s Curl Talk Curl Activation Mousse

This curl mousse is my second step in my haircare routine. Just pump some into your hands and apply generously to your waves! I’ve always struggled with finding a good mousse because so many of them can leave your hair feeling crunchy and stiff. Pairing this mousse with a hair dryer diffuser will leave your hair feeling bouncy all day long. Another plus to this product is that it’s only $8.99, so it won’t break your bank either.

3. Ouidad Curl Shaper Bounce Back Reactivating Mist

This mist is perfect for day 2 or day 3 waves. I love using this spray when I want to give my waves a quick touch-up before going out or if I want to wait an extra day between washes. The awesome thing about this product is that it is made especially for loose curls and waves, so you know your hair will thank you! This reactivating mist is a bit pricier, but trust me when I say that a little goes a long way. Just spray and scrunch.

4. IGK Beach Club Volume Texture Spray

I love a good volumizing spray, especially because putting product in your hair can sometimes weigh it down, leaving you with little to no volume. This texture spray is perfect for enhancing your already-beautiful waves. Not to mention it smells like the beach and coconuts: who doesn’t love that? I use this spray when I’m going out or when I want to give my waves an extra oomph. Just spritz where needed and scrunch to give your waves some love. I also like to spray some to my roots to give me that voluminous look.

Thanks to these amazing products, my waves have never looked more defined or healthier. Managing wavy hair can be a pain, but with the right products and care, you can achieve beautiful, defined waves. These products are only the start to my journey, but I can’t wait to discover even more ways to love my natural hair!

Meghan Hingst is a junior at MSU studying Elementary Education with a minor in Korean. She loves skincare, makeup, hair care, and following the latest trends!