The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

While this review was based on direct collaboration with the Owltron company, this article is based on my own opinions made through an extensive review period, and has not been influenced in any way by the Owltron company. 

If you’re a college student that owns pets and has thought of buying a pet monitor or security camera to monitor your home while you’re away, you’re not the only one! Over the last month, I had the opportunity to collaborate with Owltron cameras to review their product. And all I can say is run, don’t walk to amazon.

Owltron cameras come in two budget-friendly options: the Owltron 360 security camera and the Owltron 1080P 2-pack cameras. While these cameras are wallet-friendly, don’t let that fool you into thinking they aren’t great quality. 

While both of these cameras have amazing video quality for the price and are equipped with night vision that allows you to check on your apartment while you’re away at night, my favorite model has to be the 360 camera. Since the camera is surprisingly great quality for the price point, being able to move the camera and scan the room looking for my cats makes going to work a little easier. Not only do these cameras show the live feed from your apartment, but they also come equipped with speakers and a microphone that allows you to communicate with your fur babies or anybody who’s dodging your texts.

Speaking of the app, it packs a punch. Not only does it allow you to move the cameras around while you’re gone, but it also captures motion and saves screenshots for you to view later. You can finally catch those funny moments without your phone, put to rest the age-old question of which cat gets into the trash, or check in on the security of your home when you can’t actively view the monitors. 

If you’ve ever thought of buying cameras for your home, these cameras are the way to go. Overall, based on my review, I would give these cameras a 10/10, which is rare for someone as nitpicky as I am to do. Being able to talk, view, and look back on the security of my home while I’m gone puts my mind at ease while I am away. 

Down below you can find a direct link to the cameras I was able to try out!

Owltron 360 Security Camera: https://a.co/d/hVyqxVc

Owltron 1080 2-pack Security Cameras: https://a.co/d/9YTcCLa

Lauren Welch is a senior at Michigan State University studying Political Science pre-law with a minor in Law, Justice, and Public Policy. Lauren Welch is currently the secretary for the Michigan State University chapter and loves to write articles that relate to the college experience and tips on how to survive college in the most fun way. You can reach her through email at welchla3@msu.edu