Wellness

My First Time Getting My Birth Chart Read

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

The idea of getting a birth chart reading has always been something I wanted to do. I wasn’t really up for the challenge as life got in the way and I never really considered or looked at my options. As the new year began, I decided to change the lifestyle I was living. The constant cycles of overworking, heartaches, misunderstandings, and failures was making me restless and tired. I wanted to know what was going on. I was so used to constantly living life day by day blindly, but 2022 had to be different. My relationship with astrology lies in the comfort it gives me. Yes, I feel validated, but mostly seen. There’s some astronomical reasons as to why I am the way I am. The stars aligned and stopped at a moment to capture my birth, and in that moment, I was important enough for the stars and planets to form my birth chart that will later affect me in both positive and negative ways. Astrology has always been seen in a negative aspect when it was not understood. The more time I spent seeking to understand myself and the people around me, the closer I grew to astrology. At some point, it wasn’t a surprise to my family members and friends that I paid $60 to see an astrologer for thirty minutes.

It was a Monday and it snowed tremendously. I was excited by the fact that I got to drive an hour and a half. I listened to music and daydreamed. It was the journey to which the day ended with me learning something new about myself. The drive there was horrifying as I felt like I could lose my life at any moment because of the snow storm. As I drove by the highway, I could see the cars that fell victim to the mercilessness of the snow and were thrown off the road. I was anxious as I thought it was the universe’s sick way of repaying me for trying to defy the plan it had for me. Upon arriving, I felt a wave of energy. I was nervous but not afraid. It was a weird kind of peace as if I had already gotten my reading. The people at the place were noticeably kind and self aware. They could sense energy from miles away and looked at every customer with urgent curiosity. I felt seen. The woman who did my reading was so open and filled with knowledge of who I was. I was shocked but not entirely. I felt at peace to know that there was someone who understood me but also knew ways I could better approach life. I felt like I could cry for days because of the things she said. They were filled with pure honesty and genuine need to help me. I felt so understood. I felt like those stars that defined me weren’t situated the way they were to hurt me but to help me grow. The woman instinctively stated that she did not believe that my soul chose this life because it wouldn’t be able to handle it. She knows that my soul chose this life for a reason. The reassurance that I got from getting my birth chart reading was something I needed to get. I found peace in that and will continue the tradition of learning more about astrology in order to grow and understand myself.

Daniela Bondekwe is a sophomore at Michigan State University majoring in Neuroscience with a minor in Film Studies and Italian. She enjoys hiking, making videos, trying different foods at different cities, and astrology.