This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

After a busy and sometimes stressful fall semester, winter break is a perfect opportunity to relax and recover. Here are some things I’ve been doing to relax and make space for myself during this break:

Having slow mornings. I really enjoy the chance to slow down and take my time with my morning routine, whether that means taking the time to enjoy having breakfast or spending more time getting dressed and getting ready for the day. Winter break always makes me grateful for the chance to spend more time enjoying the morning. 

Spending time being creative. During the semester I very rarely have time to express my creativity. Winter break offers the perfect opportunity to spend time painting, writing for fun or playing around with different clothing or makeup styles.  

Starting a new show or book. I also tend to have very little time to watch TV during the semester, so now I have a chance to get caught up on my favorite shows or start something new. Currently, I’m watching the newest season of “The White Lotus.” I have also been making my way through my reading list.

These are just a few things I’ve been doing over break to decompress from a busy semester, and get back into some hobbies and interests I don’t have as much time for during school. I hope you have a great break with plenty of time to relax!

bio major at MSU. Writer, painter, and coffee enthusiast.