This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It is that time of year again! The holiday season is in full swing, and the end of the semester is finally here! December is my favorite time of the year because I can spend time with family and see all of the joy that people are spreading. One of my favorite pastimes this time of year is listening to Christmas music. I am the type of person who starts listening to this music right after Thanksgiving, which endlessly annoys my family and friends. There is just something so special about Christmas music and I can’t help but smile when I hear these jolly tunes. Here are my top 10 favorite Christmas songs!

10. White Christmas – Bing Crosby

I am not the biggest fan of snow, but when this song comes on all I want to do is look out the window and see those snowflakes coming down. This beautiful song is a holiday classic, and December would not be complete without listening to this song at least 10 times.

9. Run Rudolph Run – Chuck Berry

If I had to pick a song based on the infamous red-nosed reindeer, I would pick this one every time. This song is so addicting! Not only that, but it is featured in one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies, Home Alone. I grew up with this song, and it will always be one of my favorites.

8. Underneath the Tree – Kelly Clarkson

This Kelly Clarkson tune may be one of the most criminally underrated modern Christmas songs of all time. It’s such a fantastic blend of amazing vocals, a great beat, and Christmas spirit. I can’t help but sing along when I listen to this song. It’s as close to perfect as a song can get.

7. River – Joni Mitchell

For all my talk of joy and holiday spirit this might seem like an odd pick, but I can’t leave this beautiful ballad out. Joni Mitchell’s haunting melody is a reminder that the holiday season can be painful for some of us. The lyrics are incredibly heartfelt and honest. It’s hard not to cry when listening to this song. What a masterpiece!

6. Santa Tell Me – Ariana Grande

Alright, I may be a little biased with this pick because I absolutely adore Ariana Grande, but even so this song is incredible. The seamless blend of a pop beat with that classic Christmas sound makes this one of my most listened to Christmas songs every year. Miss Grande truly delivered with this song.

5. ‘Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee

As soon as the intro of this song hits, I feel the holiday spirit go through me. I could listen to this Christmas classic in April and immediately be transported to December. Fun fact about Brenda Lee – she was only 13 when she recorded this song! The power that she holds. What a bop!

4. Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes

Just like ‘Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree, when I hear the neighing of the reindeer I feel instant joy. This is truly a classic and one of the most infectious songs I have ever heard. The vocals are so smooth, and the background ‘ring-a-ling’s’ add to the magic. This is one of those songs that I could listen to over and over again and never get sick of it.

3. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Darlene Love

Okay, I think I might be obsessed with this song. It is just so good and I can’t even begin to explain why. It gives me everything a perfect song should; incredible vocals, great lyrics, and an irresistible beat. When I talk about a perfect Christmas song, this one immediately comes to mind. It is truly one of the greatest Christmas songs of all time!

2. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey

We’re nearing the end, and I absolutely could not create a Christmas song list without including this song. It is a classic in every sense of the word. When someone says “Christmas song” this is usually the first song that comes to mind. It has reached legendary status, and I just know it will still be the ultimate holiday tune in 100 years.

1. Last Christmas – Wham!

I went back and forth between this song and All I Want for Christmas is You, but I had to put Last Christmas at the top of the list because it holds a special place in my heart. I have been listening to this song for as long as I can remember. There is just something so nostalgic about this song that makes it hard not to connect with it. It is apart of my childhood, and I will always be in a good mood when I hear it.

Upon making this list I quickly realized that I have too many favorites, so here are some honorable mentions.

Saanya Advani is a senior at Michigan State University studying Criminal Justice with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. Her passions include music, a good bowl of noodles, and protesting unjust institutional systems.