Style > Beauty

My Experience With Sun Bum Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Disclosure: Sun Bum collaborated with Her Campus Chapter Network to gift our chapter samples to distribute on the Michigan State University Campus.

Sun Bum is a brand that I have been using since high school. I was originally just attracted to the brand because of the cute packaging and affordable options, but I started loving their products throughout the years and now I love trying all their products.

The first product I ever used from this brand was their hair lightener, which uses natural ingredients such as pineapple and meyer lemons to lighten the hair when it’s exposed to the sun. I like this product because I can just put a few sprays in my hair, lay out in the sun, and my hair will look like it has natural highlights in just a few hours. This product even works for people with black hair, like myself. The one thing I will mention is to make sure you wash your hair after use as it will leave behind a residueif you don’t. 

Fortunately, HCMSU had the opportunity to receive Sun Bum product samples, including their shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, and cleanser. The packaging on these products is adorable and I’m happy that the shampoos and conditioners are sulfate and paraben free. I have had some bad sun burns in the past, so I was more than happy to receive the sunscreen, and even more happy that it did not make my sensitive skin break out. Their shampoos and conditioners are also great for dry hair as they contain moisturizing ingredients such as coconut oil and bananas. 

Sun Bum is constantly coming out with new products and raising awareness about the dangers of skin cancer. I cannot wait to try their new products as they come out with more and I hope they continue spreading awareness for these causes. 

Hello! My name is Greta Shaw and I am currently a sophomore attending Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. I plan on going into marketing and to use my Chinese communication skills to work internationally.