MSU: Expectations vs. Reality

Expectation:

Meeting a ton of new friends in your classes and hanging out together all the time.

Reality:

Getting through an entire week of classes and the closest you came to a real conversation was when you were yelled at by the Wells Hall preacher.

Expectation:

Meeting the love of your life and kissing them in the shadow of the Beaumont Tower.

Reality:

Meeting a bunch of squirrels and feeding them in the shadow of the Beaumont Tower.

Expectation:

Enjoying all of your classes and being happy to do your homework because you’re studying a subject you love.

Reality:

You haven’t been to class in so long you forgot what your professor looks like, and the thought of pausing Netflix to do even a small assignment seems like an impossible feat.

Expectation:

Successfully surviving  despite living well below the means of living.

Reality:

Living in constant fear of the MSU Federal Credit Union coming to repossess every item you own.

Expectation:

Getting up early, going to tailgates, and getting lit before football games.

Reality:

On the few occasions you get up on time to tailgate, you’re way too tired for the actual game.

Expectation:

Dressing up, going out and making crazy memories every weekend.

Reality:

Spending the entire weekend binging Netflix and only brushing your hair to get your pizza from the delivery guy.

Expectation:

Studying at posh coffeehouses and atmospheric libraries.

Reality:

Sitting in your poorly-lit bedroom the night before an exam and feeling the animalistic need to howl like a wolf at midnight because it’s the only reprieve available from the stress of finals.

Expectation:

Downloading Tinder and expecting to see a ton of hotties now that you’re away from your small hometown.

Reality:

Taking one look at the available singles on Tinder, closing the app, going straight to the pet shop, and buying your first cat.

Expectation:

Thinking you’ll have time to do tons of clubs and extracurriculars.

Reality:

Lol, you thought.