This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Kura Revolving Sushi Train made big waves with their opening a year ago. They are the first restaurant to open in Michigan with the famous concept of a conveyor bar that rotates fresh sushi, allowing guests to look at food that is going around them and pick up what they want to eat. Located in Troy, Michigan, this restaurant is always busy with guaranteed long wait times everyday. My friends and I went on a weeknight. I recommend downloading their restaurant app on your phone as it is more efficient than waiting in the restaurant to be seated. It was around a two hour wait for me and my two other friends. By the time we were seated, we were excited and starving. 

Right after we sat down at our table, a waiter introduced the concept to us. In order to pick up the food we wanted to eat, we had to pop open the clear dome that was covering the sushi. Each plate we eat can be disposed of at our table and counts towards a vending machine prize. The prize idea was a cool concept that got me and my friends to eat more plates to earn more prizes. The sushi itself was very delicious, and I liked that there was a touchscreen menu at our tables that allows us to order what we do not see on the conveyor belt. There was something to order that suits everyone’s taste. Getting to pick between noodles, nigiri, handrolls, and desserts made it very hard to restrain myself from spending all my money. In the end, my total bill came to $33 for around 9 plates of sushi. It is on the more expensive side, but given the cool experience and unlimited options, I would come back for a special event. Though, for whoever plans to visit, I highly recommend the seared salmon with Japanese mayo nigiri and the Premium American beef nigiri. 

Hello! My name is Greta Shaw and I am currently a sophomore attending Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. I plan on going into marketing and to use my Chinese communication skills to work internationally.