Member Spotlight: Rebekkah Baldwin ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Rebekkah Baldwin

Year: Junior

Major: Neuroscience

Hometown: Madison Heights, Michigan

What made you decide to join Her Campus? Writing has been my passion ever since I could spell, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect opportunity for me to keep my passion going in college.

What is your favorite thing about Her Campus? I love how few members we have, to be honest. It makes the group feel more personal and friendly.

What is your favorite piece you’ve written for Her Campus? Probably “9 Ways to Cope with MSU Football This Season” because it’s one of my only satirical pieces, and I really enjoyed writing it for that reason.

What made you decide to come to MSU? In the end, it just felt right. I loved the idea of attending a large university and have always loved how gorgeous campus is. You really can’t get too bored here.

What made you decide to major in neuroscience? It was pretty simple, actually. My favorite subjects in high school were biology and psychology. Combine them and you get neuroscience.

What’s your dream job? Honestly, I’ve been stumped over this question for a long time because I have yet to figure out what I want to do in life. I guess if I could make money by eating or sleeping, that’d be pretty cool.

Where would you love to live someday? Europe probably. Most likely Germany or Italy.

Where do you see yourself after graduation? I have a loose plan to take a year off, maybe get a job as a Teaching Assistant at my old high school. Ultimately, I want to end up in grad school pretty fast though.

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian