Maggie George, cute, girl, selfie
Maggie George, cute, girl, selfie
Original photo by Maggie George

Maggie George: MSU Class of 2024

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Maggie George – MSU Class of 2024

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Caledonia, MI

Zodiac sign: Pisces

Position within HCMSU: Staff Writer, Intern

Member of Her Campus since Spring of 2022

Maggie George is a sophomore at MSU studying journalism. She joined Her Campus at MSU this semester but is already making a big impact and becoming a leader within the chapter.

When asked about her reasoning for joining HCMSU, George stated, “As a journalism major, it’s really important that we have samples of our writing for portfolios for internships and jobs. Her Campus is a great place to be able to do this. We’re working under deadlines with editors and we’re published on a public website. It’s great experience for my career.”

Outside of Her Campus, you can also find Maggie dancing with the Spartan Showstoppers, supporting our Spartan athletes at football and basketball games, or with her friends.

“In my free time I love to be with my friends,” George said. “We show up for each other and they make my life so much better than I ever thought it could be; friendship love hits different.”

George is also extremely motivated and driven, she plans on writing for a news outlet post-graduation and hopes to one day write for The New York Times. She is always looking to better herself as a journalist and as an individual.

A quote George lives and swears by is: “I have so much beautiful time” – Olivia Gatwood, Alternate Universe in Which I Am Unfazed by the Men Who Do Not Love Me.

“I live by this line from this poem because it helps me remember that instead of waiting for a person to love me in a way that they can’t, I have so many other things I can do,” George said. “There is so much more to love than boys; it’s writing letters to family members, it’s calling your childhood best friend, it’s going on a bike ride alone, or complimenting a stranger.”

You can check out some of Maggie’s articles here.

You can also find Maggie on TikTok and on Instgram.

Welcome to the team, Maggie!

Kaytlyn is a Senior at MSU majoring in Marketing and minoring in Creative Writing. She has been a published journalist and writer for over six years. Kaytlyn is currently the Chapter President and Campus Correspondent for HCMSU as well as being involved in the Campus Trendsetters program, College Fashionista program, and the HCM Internship Credit program. Outside of Her Campus, Kaytlyn has two cats, Leo and Zelda, as well as a ferret named Willow. She is also the President, Marketing Director, and a co-founder of the Creative Writing Club at MSU. She is also a cheer coach.