This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It’s almost taboo to admit it these days but I was a 2020 high school graduate. That’s right. I was the kid with no prom, no formal graduation, no conclusion to a rather entertaining 12 years of public schooling. I definitely took it better than my other peers did. While some cried over the hundreds of dollars spent on a now-dusty prom dress and others projected their anger at helpless school boards, I dreamt of finally starting college. High school was tough, and I was ready for a new start at my new campus.

Then the pandemic switched us to online for the Fall of ‘20. Great, now I’m still stuck in my hometown. June turned to July which turned to August. Zoom University was about to start in two weeks, and the online club fair enticed me. Her Campus MSU sounded interesting. I’ll give them my email. I’ll talk with their president to get some more information. I’ll sign up. Four semesters later I am Vice President.

I started as a staff writer in the Fall. Then, I was an assistant editor. Next, I was the social media director. Now, as the Spring semester of ‘22 finishes its first month, I am Vice President and a Campus Correspondent. Writing has always been a passion of mine but HCMSU is much more than writing articles. There’s a strong team of like-minded individuals who love writing and social events. It’s all the benefits of a sorority without the commitment. 

I am thrilled to be in this leadership position. I feel so passionate and fulfilled doing the work that I do. It will be a busy semester, but I am so excited for every step of the journey. HCXO!

A Michigan State University student by day, an 8-hour sleeper by night Aditi would best describe herself as a "rather simple enigma." As she embarks on her college journey, Aditi cherishes the simple things in life: a cup of coffee, some pastel post-it notes, and her ever-growing succulent.