A Love Letter to My Cup Of Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Image courtesy of Tia Trudgeon

Dear coffee,

When I go to sleep at night, the last thing I think about is you. When my 6:00 a.m. alarm goes off on Monday morning, I almost don’t mind climbing out of my lofted bed and starting my day before the sun rises. There are many factors in my life that make it great, but I wouldn’t be able to fully appreciate them without you.

There is a great debate on whether coffee is good or bad for you, but the greatest pleasures in life aren’t always the healthiest. My heart beats fast for you (even though it might be a side effect of the caffeine.)

Some people find comfort in the sound of rain, but the steady drip of brewing coffee is the sweetest symphony to my ears. I can definitely appreciate my surroundings, but walking through life with a hot cup of a dark-roasted coffee makes it feel like I’m living in a state of euphoria.

The first time I met you (I was three years old), I was instantly captivated with your warm, sugary, creamy embrace. Like falling for the “bad boy,”, my mom warned me against you.  I was “too young” and had to be careful because I might fall too hard for you.

It’s nearly impossible for me to go a day without you, and those days that I’m forced to, I feel empty and the day drags on. Whenever I need a pick-me-up, you’re always there to lift my spirits, whether that’s to start my day, get me through a busy afternoon or unwind in the evening.

You’re never too far away. It seems wherever I am, you’re just a short walk down the street. Everyone loves, adores and welcomes you just as much as I do.

You motivate me. When I am feeling uninspired I know to turn to you. It seems no matter how stressed or exhausted I am, you find a way to keep me going. No matter the season, you have a perfect way of presenting yourself.

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.