This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Dear Me, 

It’s all gonna be okay. To any version of myself that exists, I want you to know it is all going to be okay. Not everything is in your control. You can’t fix everyone or everything, but you can control you. Believe that it’s there. Believe that life is the journey and that life happens in the now. The past is over and is unchangeable, the future is now. I mean, if you think about it, you’ve been begging for the future and here it is, but it is never good enough. Why? If life isn’t what you want it to be, make it what you want it to be. Are you unhappy? Are you bored? Are you unsatisfied? These are things that as children we were perfectly capable of fixing with our imagination. Somewhere along the line, we forgot what it was like to make our own games. We forgot what it was like to create an entire universe in our heads. I think it’s time to remember it again. Remember that not everything has to be so serious. That life is fun — being alive is in itself fun. If it isn’t, well then, it’s time to reevaluate what you’ve been doing. This week we’ve been stuck inside unable to do anything. Use this time. What do you actually want to do with your life? Who do you want to be? Ask yourself, and not anyone else. When it’s quiet and still and the world is just you and the four walls around yourself, who do you want to be? 

Sincerely,  Me  

She is a sophomore at Michigan State studying English. She has participated in many theatre endeavors throughout high school, and now that she is in college would like to expand her horizons.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!