This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

I recently read a Her Campus article entitled “Nobody’s Reading This, Right?” written by Delzeen Singpurwalla of Ashoka University, a private university in Haryana, India. Filled with lists, memes, a calendar schedule, and other tidbits from Delzeen’s life, it is a glimpse into the life of a 21st century girl. Paralyzingly raw, I consider this find rather unique. While the assemblage of the article itself is simple – copy, then paste – what inferences and discoveries can we make from the series of notes she gives us? What will future historians think when they see this article among the millions written by Her Campus contributors? What then?

Maybe Delzeen is right – nothing. Therefore, I am here to write a message to Dezleen: perhaps no one else reads your articles, and maybe no one reads my articles (including this one), including you. BUT (keep in mind that this is where the lesson would be inserted) we still write – and your article has had at least one reader outside of your editor. A reader that was inspired to make an article of her own. And she hopes that this will remind both you and her that there is an audience out there because she needs it, like right now. Especially since she is running three days behind her scheduled deadline.  

HER CAMPUS NOTES 

Italics indicate my commentary on my own notes.

The title: “Nobody’s Reading This, Right?” echoes my own thoughts about my Her Campus articles. Who will be reading this? Am I the only one?

…furthering that thought…  

During the Her Campus March Madness Bracket Tournament, Michigan State’s writers worked long hours ←At this point I want to talk about how HCMSU writes the MOST articles and yet we were not even a candidate for the ‘audience retention & readership’ bracket?! ←This is probably a little harsh but MSU should still continue to improve itself.

If this article were part of a museum exhibit or was shared as an example in a high school English class, what would I infer? Am I correct in my presumption that Delzeen is a competitive person, (← I’d like to show an analysis but seeing as I don’t know Delzeen, this may be perceived as rude) or should the takeaway be that Wordle is a global app? ←If I were to imagine what historians of the future would take from this article. Delzeen’s deconstructive Her Campus article is ←I was totally obsessed with using the word “deconstruct” to describe Delzeen’s article, however she has not actually deconstructed anything. Rather, she has asked perceptive questions that I have asked before about the Her Campus system.   

Title: Preparing for that Graduate Degree ←An article that would have explained that you do need a second language to continue into graduate school for History. And yet, MSU’s College of Social Science nor the department of History require a second language. But, they do recommend learning a language if it fits with your academic schedule. 

Tags: HCMSU, MSU, Academics, High School, College Prep, Graduate School

An excited loudmouth, Celeste often needs to think before she says anything. As a writer, she can get overwhelmed by the composition of thought and barely writes any of her ideas into articles. A classic procrastinator. Please email any issues to rubinoce@msu.edu. P.S. Celeste is no longer associated with Her Campus at MSU as of November 2022. She hopes to continue contributing articles to the Her Campus Media empire when the occasional opportunity arises.