alexa demie as maddy and sydney sweeney as cassie in euphoria
Photograph by Eddy Chen/HBO

Halloween Costume Ideas for You and Your BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It is the first week of October, and for me that means pumpkin spice everything and the start of planning for my Halloween costumes. My friends and I always love to think of matching costumes together and I have curated a list that can help you and your best friend brainstorm some costume ideas that are fun but not basic.

1. Maddie Fitzpatrick and London Tipton from “Suite Life of Zack and Cody”

The iconic dumb Asian and smart blonde duo that no one asked for but everyone needed. For Maddie, a simple blue blouse, skirt, and tie would be needed to complete the look. For London, go all out with bling and sparkles.

2. Candace Flynn and Vanessa Doofensmirtz from “Phineas and Ferb”

For all redhead and brunette besties, this idea is for you. Whoever is going as Candace would just need a red top and white skirt. For Vanessa, a completely black outfit is all that is needed. Super easy and simple! Extra points if there is a platypus plushie.

3. Cassie and Maddie from “Euphoria”

Euphoria has always been trendy, but with season 2 out this year, there are so many possible outfit ideas to choose from. Use a lot of rhinestones and iconic nails and hairstyles and this costume is super easy.

4. Blair Waldorf and Serena Van Der Woodson

The original iconic best friends. Get a tie, school girl skirt, blouse, and the iconic 2000s headband. You might already have all these clothing items in your closet.

5. Daphne and Velma from “Scooby Doo”

Another easy costume! Dress in purple and dress in orange to recreate the look. This costume idea can even be a group costume; have other friends be part of the Scooby gang!

6. Annaliese and Erika from “The Princess and the Pauper”

Going back to my childhood, this Barbie movie will forever be iconic. Annaliese and Erika wear big ball gowns, but if one just wears the same color palette (light pink and periwinkle blue), lace, and fancy jewelry, this look can be very achievable.

7. Donna and Jackie from “That ‘70s show”

This duo’s outfit is extremely fun! Bust out all the bell buttons and funky and colorful patterns, and that is all one needs to recreate this duo’s costume.

There’s so many Halloween costume ideas that are crazy and fun. Even if you do not want to match with someone, it is important to have fun and dress up for the once a year occasion.

Hello! My name is Greta Shaw and I am currently a sophomore attending Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. I plan on going into marketing and to use my Chinese communication skills to work internationally.