Style > Beauty

Four E.L.F makeup and skincare products that are worth the hype:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

E.L.F has been around for many many years and is one of the most accessible makeup and skin care brands in the market. Not only is it accessible, but it keeps up to date with ever-changing makeup trends. The best part is that they have hopped on the skin care train to come out with skincare products that sometimes work better than name brands. Here are four E.L.F makeup and skincare products that I’ve grown to love in the past couple of months.

1. Power Grip Primer:

It can be hard to find a good working primer that actually makes your makeup last without breaking the bank and doesn’t break you out. Considering that I have problematic skin, this primer has been one of the few that doesn’t trigger any flare-ups and makes my makeup look good and last all day. I’ve used many other primers that claim to be amazing and can’t even make my makeup last an hour. This primer is good and affordable for those who want an accessible option.

1. Holy Hydration! Moisturizer and Face Mist:

In this dry midwest weather, it can be hard to find a good moisturizer that will actually moisturize your skin. E.L.F’s Holy Hydration! Fragrance-free moisturizer is a great alternative, and the fact that it doesn’t have fragrance makes it stand out even more. E.L.F also has the same moisturizer with fragrance for those who prefer it, which is great since they are trying to reach a bigger audience and still have the same ingredients. Their Holy Hydration! face mist is also great when you feel that your face needs a refresher or you like to use it before/after your makeup. It leaves your skin feeling hydrated and it also makes it look glowy. I haven’t had the chance to try their entire Holy Hydration! line, but it seems to have great potential and is a great alternative for dry skin. 

1. Hydrating Camo Concealer:

This concealer offers a great variety of shades and is an amazing concealer overall. The same concealer also comes in a matte/dry formula, but the hydrating one is great since it can be easier to blend and can be used on almost every skin type. It offers a variety of shades and is great for those who want to try an only cream product routine. For the price point, amount of product, and quality, it is definitely worth the buy. I find myself repurchasing this item in a variety of shades every chance I get. If you have been waiting for a sign to purchase this item, this is the sign for you. Go. Buy. It.

1. Halo Glow Setting Powder:

I stumbled upon this product in a day of desperation. I needed a setting powder, but didn’t think the one I was using was good enough. Once I opened the packaging and started using it, I couldn’t put it down because of how amazing it is. I hate when my skin feels cakey because of powder products, but this powder changed the game. It sets everything in place without making you look cakey and doesn’t clog your pores! It also comes in various shades and comes with a lot of products. Besides not making your skin look cakey, it actually makes it look glowy, which is unbelievable to me. I compared it to a high-end product that has many amazing reviews, but E.L.F. takes the cake in this category. 

E.L.F skincare and makeup is here to stay. This company is also is cruelty-free, which, for a lot of consumers, is extremely important. These are just a few of the products that I’ve been able to get my hands on, but I am more than sure that anything E.L.F. is equally as good as any name brand that is currently trending. As students, we sometimes don’t have as much accessibility as others, and E.L.F. is a great way to still be a part of the trends while not going over any personal financial budgets or just don’t feel the need to spend so much money on these types of products.

I am a Senior from Puerto Rico going to Michigan State University to major in Psychology. My goal is obtain a psyD in Neuropsychology or Clinical Psychology and open my practice to help children and people who need help.