This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

As a college student, I am not ashamed to say I spend most of my money on food. I love eating out at restaurants because it makes me feel like I have an occasion to celebrate! Since I don’t have a car, I try to eat at places within walking distance from me. So, here are my top five places to eat in East Lansing.

1. Omi Sushi

I will be the first to admit that sushi is not my favorite meal, but Omi does sushi so well that it might become my favorite. They have a great menu and I can’t resist ordering the Angry Bird every time I go. It’s a great place to go eat with friends.

2. Sree Saffron

This small Indian restaurant on Hagadorn is a great place to go for a date. In fact, I went there for a double date with fellow HCMSU member Bhavya! Their food is tailored to your spice levels and the flavors are incredible.

3. Baps

This Korean BBQ Restaurant is a super fun place if you have never tried Korean BBQ before. You cook the food on the grill at your table which is super exciting to do with friends.

4. Chapelure

This cute cafe is the perfect study spot! Bring a book and some headphones and enjoy coffee, pastries, and sandwiches. Their lattes are amazing and definitely worth a try.

5. The State Room

Located in the Kellogg Hotel near Brody, this restaurant is a great spot to dine with family. Fun fact: if you have a valid campus dining plan, you can eat a lunch buffet here for free!

Explore your local restaurants! You may be surprised by a new dish and you might find your new favorite spot!

A Michigan State University student by day, an 8-hour sleeper by night Aditi would best describe herself as a "rather simple enigma." As she embarks on her college journey, Aditi cherishes the simple things in life: a cup of coffee, some pastel post-it notes, and her ever-growing succulent.