Five Hot Chocolate Recipes for Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It’s easy to see why hot chocolate is an American staple when winter comes around. After all, what’s not to love about a piping hot mug of chocolatey goodness? Here are five simple hot chocolate recipes to try your hand at this winter break:

Classic Hot Chocolate

This recipe from Hershey’s is easy, simple, and fast. Plus, if you want to take it a step further, you can add some of the extra suggested ingredients at the bottom of the recipe.

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

This recipe is perfect for people who like their hot chocolate extra sweet. All it takes is a few simple ingredients to whip up the perfect cup of hot chocolate with a little twist.

French Hot Chocolate

This French hot chocolate is almost like drinking a cup of creamy melted chocolate. It is very easy to tailor to your taste, making it the perfect recipe for any chocolate lover.

Mexican Hot Chocolate

Perfect for the coldest of days, this Mexican hot chocolate recipe will warm you right up. The Mexican caramel and dulce de leche mix perfectly with the cinnamon to provide a warm, fragrant hot chocolate, and the touch of chili powder will give you a spicy kick in the back of your throat with each sip.

Instant Hot Chocolate

Maybe all you’ve got on hand is instant hot chocolate mix, or you don’t really feel like whipping up a cup of hot chocolate from scratch. That doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun with it! These easy hacks are sure to liven up your cup of instant hot chocolate.

These are just a few of the endless variations of hot chocolate that you can make. Don’t be afraid to experiment and add different ingredients. You never know how good it might be unless you try it! I hope you enjoy these recipes, and I can’t wait for you to try them out.

Hello! My name's Kirthi, and I'm studying Human Biology with minors in STEPP and French. In my free time, you can usually find me watching The Resident, listening to music, or out with friends.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.