Apple Pie Cocktail Just in Time for Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Looking for a cozy fall drink that tastes like one of your favorite Thanksgiving desserts? Look no further! This apple pie cocktail is for you! Whether you like all the fixings, a leftover piece later, or a piece fresh out of the oven, this original drink has easy modifications to fit your preferences.

Recipe: 

• Caramel sauce 
  • Vanilla ice cream (optional)
  • Whipped cream (optional)
  • Crown Royal Apple
  • Apple Cider
  • Cinnamon 

Instructions:

1) Drizzle cup with caramel sauce

2)  Add one shot (~2 oz) of Crown Royal Apple to the glass

3) Fill your glass with apple cider, leaving room for ice cream and/or whipped cream for those who wish to add it

4) (Optional) Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream

5) (Optional) Add whipped cream

6)  Sprinkle cinnamon on top

7) Finish with a drizzle of caramel sauce

Notes:

• If you wish to make this drink non-alcoholic, simply ignore the Crown Royal.
  • To make this drink have more of a milkshake-like consistency, add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
  • If you’re looking for more of a hot-toddy style drink, heat the apple cider on the stove with a cinnamon stick, add a shot of Crown Apple into your glass and pour the cider in. Mix and enjoy!

Not only is this a great cocktail, but it is a great fall drink that everyone in the family can enjoy. It is all the perks of eating apple pie with half the preparation time. However, like a fresh pie, this drink can be dangerous. With all the sweet components it can be easy to not taste the liquor. Go slow and drink responsibly! 

Emily is a Genomics and Molecular Genetics major. She is a Junior Advisor in the College of Engineering and helps students to understand the Student Information System. In her free time she can be found cooking, baking and reading. She enjoys spending time with her friends and learning new recipes.
Phebe Jones is the Treasurer for Her Campus at MSU. Jones is a senior studying biochemistry as well as molecular genetics. Jones has published many times by local libraries for summer writing contests. She doesn't write often in her majors and wants to keep in enjoying one of her favorite activities. In her free time, Jones enjoys: reading, videogames, horror movies, listening to music, and cartoons.