Everything You Need to Know About the Sony XM4 Headphones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

All around TikTok, the Sony XM4s have been deemed the “TikTok headphones” because of their duality of style and sound quality. In this article, I will give my full review of these headphones and say whether I truly recommend them or not.

Style Review

The style of the Sony XM4s has been unmatched lately as they come in black, tan, and white. For reference, the tan headphones are the ones that are shown on TikTok. 

In my opinion, the style of the headphones is light, comfortable, and fashionable. You can opt for a low-key color (such as the black pair), or a more out-there color such as tan and white. 

The color I chose was the black pair, purely because of taste. However, the other colors are classy, chic, and stylish that will match any hair color you choose.

Functionality

Sony has been known to have the best noise-canceling headphones in the game, and this pair stands up to that title. The noise canceling on these headphones is unmatched and will allow you to study in peace even if there are loud noises around you, allowing you to escape to a world to be productive or simply be alone. 

Moving onto sound quality, these headphones are packed with sound, featuring 360 audio that allows you to submerge yourself into your song of choice. Bass lovers will not be disappointed either, as these headphones have a bass that will surprise you. 

The functions of these headphones offer more support than AirPods, as they allow you to connect to two devices at the same time. You will no longer have to disconnect your headphones from your phone to connect them to your laptop or iPad. These headphones also come with a touchpad on the right ear that lets you skip the song, play the song again, and even adjust the volume. 

Price

The price on these headphones isn’t cheap – at a whopping $350 your bank account may cry. However, with the overall quality and benefits these headphones have, the price is worth it comparing them to the new Airpods Pro Max.

Cons

There aren’t many cons to these headphones. I have been wearing them for a few months now and have found nothing noteworthy to complain about. However, the one thing that does disappoint is that these are not sweatproof, making them not suitable for the gym. However, if this does not phase you, these headphones will still be perfect for you.

Overall, when picking a pair of headphones to satisfy your needs in terms of style and sound, these headphones are a must-have. You will never be disappointed with these headphones and will be more than happy to find new ways to incorporate them into your daily life.

Lauren Welch is a senior at Michigan State University studying Political Science pre-law with a minor in Law, Justice, and Public Policy. Lauren Welch is currently the secretary for the Michigan State University chapter and loves to write articles that relate to the college experience and tips on how to survive college in the most fun way. You can reach her through email at welchla3@msu.edu