This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

For fans of Matt Groeing and his adult-geared cartoons, it has been quite an eventful year. Groeing has already announced several exciting projects for the upcoming year. A surprise announcement for the final season of Disenchantment was released on the official Instagram account on Aug. 1 to be released exactly one month later. After the show’s long hiatus since Feb. 2022, fans were elated to hear about the show’s return. The announcement triggered a storm of questions within Groeing’s fanbase.

Love is a fickle thing, even in the realm of fantasy. In the many travels taken by Elfo, Luci, and Princess Tiabeanie (Bean), they have all grown into better versions of themselves through their love for each other. The characters have healed along the way to form new relationships filled with unconditional love. Their relationships have withstood the tests of grief, death, and goodbyes. With their love and friendship, they  surpass their limits of destiny and achieve what truly makes each of them happy.

The focus remains on the tensions in Hell, Steamland, and Dreamland. The story expands  on the characters’ backstories and brings each individual’s experience into the greater picture. While not visiting Hell, Luci, the last member of the dynamic trio, does get to meet one of his parents. Growing from what makes people closed off from one another is a heavy focus of this series. Betrayals and reunions are equally as important. Putting your love into someone else creates a strong bond and builds confidence to resist against the control of others. No one is defined by the goals that others have set for us. Every character cherishes their lives and the good people they have met along their journeys.

Despite this being the last season of the show, it was a wonderful way to wrap up all the storylines created over the 50 total episodes published by Netflix. All the characters had an ending created to show that they were not limited to the activities witnessed in the show. Each was given a new beginning in their new chapter, where their paths diverged into new adventures with new people. Each outcome was unexpected and new, which kept us readers on our toes. This ending is inspirational and shows that the end of one thing is just the beginning of the next. I highly recommend viewing this series. Who knew it could all come down to a Princess, a Demon, and an Elf walking into a bar?

Phebe Jones is the Treasurer for Her Campus at MSU. Jones is a senior studying biochemistry as well as molecular genetics. Jones has published many times by local libraries for summer writing contests. She doesn't write often in her majors and wants to keep in enjoying one of her favorite activities. In her free time, Jones enjoys: reading, videogames, horror movies, listening to music, and cartoons.