Style > Fashion

Elevate Your Jewelry Collection With One Piece

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

You know how Anna Wintour has her signature look of a bob with black sunglasses? That is me with gold hoops. I wear them all the time and everywhere. I can confidently say they look good with every outfit and take your look to the next level. I wear hoops so often that when I am not wearing them I feel underdressed. They can make any look elegant and sophisticated. If you want to elevate your look it’s as simple as throwing on a classic gold hoop. The best part is that it’s not an expensive investment. You can get some solid gold hoop earrings on Amazon for cheap. That’s where I got mine and I get compliments on them all the time. People are always shocked when I say they are from Amazon. Here are two of my favorites:

1. 6 Pairs Chunky Gold Hoop Earrings Set

This set gives you a group of gold hoop variations to rotate. These are my favorite because they are chunky and don’t tarnish. They are also a good size as they look big in the image but in reality they are perfect. I wear the plain, full circle gold hoop all the time. This is the pair I get the most compliments on. It’s so simple, elegant and extremely comfortable to wear. The set all together is 16 dollars. It’s a bargain because the quality is so good. I will admit I did break a pair in this set only because I wore them so often.

1. 6 Pairs 14K Gold Hoop Earrings for Women Lightweight Chunky Hoop Earrings Multipack 

This set is another one of my favorites. The earrings in it are a little more chunky than the other set. So if you are looking for some more variation or just prefer the look of these, get them. They are priced a little lower but are just as good of quality. They are 12 dollars. 

My grandma bought me my first pair of gold hoops and ever since then they have become the only earring I wear. I’m really grateful that she got me into them as they become part of my signature look. I have tried other earrings but nothing compliments me as much as a gold hoop. In order to have this elevation effect on your style you have to stick with gold. Silver just won’t do the trick. Trust me when I say gold jewelry is better it just matches more outfits and heightens your look. If you feel like something is missing in your jewelry collection, definitely give gold hoops a try. Don’t knock it till you try it, you may just be surprised you have a new staple in your collection. 

Sabrina Seldon is the Editor-in-chief of Her Campus at MSU. She edits articles, approves pitches and oversees the editing team. Seldon is a junior at Michigan State University majoring in Journalism with minors in Broadcast, Public Relations and Graphic Design. On top of her involvement with Her Campus, she is the Art Director of VIM Magazine at MSU. Seldon was Editor-in-chief of her high school's award-winning yearbook and has articles published through the Spartan Newsroom. Seldon enjoys listening to music, traveling and designing graphics in her free time.