Style > Fashion

Dopamine Dressing IRL: What People Wore to Her Conference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Her Conference was this past weekend, and everyone showed up serving some serious looks. You could see the trend of dopamine dressing, or wearing bright colors that bring you joy, really come to life in the conference hall. 

Everyone looked amazing, but here are my four favorite outfits! 

Her Conference atendee
Original photo by Avery Tyson

@Astoldbysno SAMANTHA OLSON – Editorialist Assistant at Seventeen Magazine

This was not Samantha’s first Her Campus event. She went to the 2019 Her Conference as a student and has come “full circle” she says, coming back in 2022 having one of her dream jobs. Samantha explained she “wanted to pay homage (with her outfit) to Her Campus by wearing hot pink, and to put the cherry on top of the cake, it’s also one of her favorite colors.

Samantha’s fit personified Her Campus! She wore a white “power suit” with hot pink Steve Madden shoes and an H&M top she fit in perfectly with the conference environment. She paired these pieces with a white blazer from Pretty Little Thing and H&M shorts.

Her conference atendee
Original photo by Avery Tyson

@Siarahmaz SIARAH MAZARIEGOS – InfluencerHer Collective Award Winner for College Influencer of the Year

When I asked Siarah about her outfit and what inspired it, she said: “I wore that outfit, specifically the cowboy boots, because I wanted to bring a little piece of Texas to NYC with me! That outfit was meant to showcase my Texas roots and remind me of home while in a big city!”

She wore a cute baby blue blazer set from Lulus. She paired it with a white H&M top, white cowgirl boots from Lulus (on trend!), and a white bow from Amazon to top it off.

Image of Her Conference attendee
Original photo by Avery Tyson

@theyallknowjojo JOUR’DAN HAYNES- Altruism Activist and Influencer 

When I asked Jour’dan, aka JoJo,  what inspired this beautifully bold outfit she said: “Honestly, this fit was out of my comfort zone! But I wanted to dress for the occasion/environment I was in! My purpose of coming to the Her Campus conference was to network; to make connections with people gearing to go into the same industry as me! With that being said, LIFE CHANGES COME WITH A NEW WARDROBE!”

JoJo was dressed head to toe in the most gorgeous and lively orange color. Her two-piece set was from Ursime and had bright orange shoes from Circus.NY.

Her conference atendee
Original photo by Avery Tyson

@29sheleeee MARSHELE PARKER –  Influencer, Photographer, Fashion and Music Curator

When talking to Marshele about her thrifted fit, she said: “I like to find new ways to show that fashion can be eco-friendly and sustainable. Especially luxury fashion. You don’t have to break the bank to get it you just got to know how to find it and where to find it at.”

This girl is truly a thrifting queen. She thrifted a multi-tone green pants suit set that was one of my personal favorite pieces I saw at the conference. She paired this amazing thrift find with a Dolce & Gabbana top and Jeffery Campbell shoes.

Plus, check out the fantastic photo backdrop for Her Campus sponsor Hallmark!

Avery is a senior a Michigan State University majoring in PR and minoring in graphic design. She is passionate about content creation, art, fashion, and body positivity.