Criminal Minds Reboot Coming Late November, Will It Be Any Good?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Anyone who has been a fan of the show Criminal Minds knows that there is a reboot coming in late November. The original show ran for fifteen seasons on CBS from 2005 to 2020. It was announced that the reboot of the show, titled Criminal Minds: Evolution will premiere on Thanksgiving Day, exclusively on the streaming service Paramount+. 

So what do we know so far? The show is expected to pick up where it left off in 2020. However, instead of following tons of different cases, the show is expected to stick to one storyline. 

Many fans, myself included, are awaiting the release of the show. There are some characters that aren’t expected to be in the new spin off. One noticeable character that fans will miss is Matthew Gray Gubler’s character, Dr. Spencer Reid. It was announced that Gubler decided to step back from the reboot after appearing in all fifteen seasons of the original show. However, fans are hoping he makes some guest appearances.

An official trailer for the reboot has been released for fans to take a closer look, revealing some key pieces of the show. The show is taking a cool spin by showing how the COVID-19 pandemic played a role in the crimes being committed. 

In order to watch Criminal Minds: Evolution, you can subscribe to Paramount+, which also has all fifteen of the original seasons available to watch right now.  

Fans are anxiously awaiting the release of the reboot. I am personally beyond happy about the show starting up again. Many of us who have loved the show for a long time are excited that the new show is going to follow one case the whole season. It is different from the original series, but in a way that has left fans excited to watch. 

Criminal Minds: Evolution will debut with a two episode premiere on Thanksgiving Day. Many fans think it will be a show that is worth watching. I know I cannot wait for this one!

Maggie is a Freshman majoring in International Relations at Michigan State University. She loves to read and write. In her free time she loves to travel, hang out with friends, and try new things!