This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It’s that time of year again where your family members start to request a list of what you would like this holiday season. Personally, when someone asks me what I would like for Christmas, I get stressed out. I take the easy way out claiming I don’t need anything or I simply say money, which surprisingly a lot of people don’t like to give. I think it’s the most practical gift out there but my family, specifically my mom, disagrees by arguing Christmas morning is not special with nothing to open. Part of me wishes my mom would go along with my request but although when it comes down to opening gifts under the tree, I receive things I would not ever get around to buying myself and I am appreciative. 

Putting together a wishlist can help your family know exactly what your current obsessions and wants are. It allows them to gift you something you will actually use or wear. With this list, you can be as practical as you would like. I can’t tell you how many times I have opened a gift from a family member and have had to fake my reaction. Of course, I am beyond grateful for the gift and it is the thought that counts, but when it comes to the end of the day I think to myself, what am I going to do with this? The idea of having something you don’t need or plan on using just builds up clutter and can often create anxiety. To make it easier on both ends, as the gift giver and receiver, making a list is the solution. For some inspiration, I shared with you below my list consisting of things I have been loving. Of course, I am not expecting everything and am extremely grateful and blessed to receive gifts at Christmas. My list can also serve as some gift ideas for your loved ones this season!

1. MacBook Air Case 

This is a practical gift that will keep your laptop protected. With how much college students use their laptops, a case is necessary. There’s a ton of cute cases to pick from for a decent price. Esty has a ton of options to pick from.

1. Album Posters

You can’t ever go wrong with posters especially when decorating your dorm. Some of my favorite albums have the coolest cover designs and posters. SZA’s album Ctrl, Frank Ocean’s album Blond, and Tyler, the Creator’s album Flower Boy. You can find posters of varying sizes on amazon.

1. Platform Converse

Let’s be honest, Converse has been killing the shoe game recently. I am obsessed with the Chuck Taylor All Star Lugged ones! Converse are becoming the hottest trend, that you will want to get your hands on!

1. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream

This cream has an addictive scent of pistachio, salted caramel, and vanilla. Personally, I also feel like it smells like a tropical vacation if you know what I mean. It smooths and tightens your skin packed with antioxidants. You can even buy a set with the perfume, shower gel, and lotion in it. Sephora has this product year-round.

1. New Activewear Set

Going into the new year I would like to get better at working out. I can feel that my body is craving it and I never find the time to do it. However, I know I need to make time. New workout clothes that make you feel confident and comfortable can motivate you to get your butt in the gym. And now active sets are becoming trendy everyday looks. Set Active, Alo Yoga, and Athleta are some of my favorites. 

Sabrina Seldon is the Editor-in-chief of Her Campus at MSU. She edits articles, approves pitches and oversees the editing team. Seldon is a junior at Michigan State University majoring in Journalism with minors in Broadcast, Public Relations and Graphic Design. On top of her involvement with Her Campus, she is the Art Director of VIM Magazine at MSU. Seldon was Editor-in-chief of her high school's award-winning yearbook and has articles published through the Spartan Newsroom. Seldon enjoys listening to music, traveling and designing graphics in her free time.