This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

For my family, Christmas is the biggest holidays of the year. If you are struggling with finding gifts for your friends and family or with what you should ask for, this list will help get you started! These ideas are specifically tailored to those in college/their 20s.

Technology

1. Headphones

My tried and true is the Apple AirPods (2nd Generation) with Charging Case. I’ve had them for 2 years, and they’ve been used for working out and doing schoolwork! Headphones are vital for me, especially being a student.

2. Speaker

The most recent version, the JBL Flip 6, is going for $40 off on Amazon! JBL Flips are great for hosting parties and getting ready, especially in college. They’re very portable and waterproof!

3. Phone Case

It doesn’t take long for your phone case to get pretty beat up and gross. An inexpensive gift idea is to get a new phone case for someone! The current one I have and love was from Amazon and is currently going for $24. It’s called the Speck iPhone 13 Clear Case – Kyanite Blue GemShell. Some can also go for as low as $10.

4. Digital Camera

Digital cameras have made a comeback. I’ve always thought that it’s nice to have an actual camera besides your iPhone, especially for special occasions, like someone’s birthday or graduation. I recommend a Sony Cybershot for everyday users, and if you’re really into photography, something like a Canon DSLR. I personally have a refurbished Canon EOS Rebel T3 that my dad gave me a while ago and a Sony Cybershot that was my sister’s.

Home

1. Candles or Lights

Both are inexpensive gift ideas that I have found really useful, especially for making a place feel like home. I personally like candles from Target, as they typically run for $5-10. As for lights, I like my sunset lamp from Amazon, and it was $15. Curtain string lights are another cute option that add a lot to a room while still being inexpensive!

2. Water Bottle

My current one is a 32 oz Owala. It is insulted, keeping drinks cold, has a covered straw, and fits well into my backpack. I have it in the color “Shy Marshmallow,” which is white and gray. It is currently $22, which is cheaper than water bottles from other competitors.

Beauty

1. Hair Products

Ouai leave in conditioner, it’s a 10-heat protector spray, and a good straightener is currently on my wishlist. I’d recommend getting products you know someone uses a fair amount, or a heat tool, as it’s always nice to have, especially for special occasions.

2. Makeup Products

I hope this list was helpful, whether you are wondering what to ask for or to get someone! Of course interests vary, but I feel like a lot of people would appreciate receiving something from this list. I hope you enjoy this season, even beyond the gifts!

Elizabeth Cordill is a graduate of Michigan State University having studied Neuroscience with a concentration in Behavior and Systems. Upon graduation, she hopes to work during gap year(s) prior to pursuing medical school. A wide variety of specialties interest her: from OB/GYN, neurology, and pediatrics, just to name a few. Elizabeth is passionate about improving patient care, an interest she has furthered with research involvement on campus. On campus she has been most recently involved with epidemiology research in gynecological health. Outside of being a writer and member of the design team for Her Campus MSU, she enjoys spending time with friends, cooking, scrolling on Pinterest, spending time outside, working out, working with kids, and traveling. She has loved writing since taking Writing as Inquiry (WRA101) here at MSU. She has loved her experience in Her Campus!