Boba Places in East Lansing and What to Get There

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Moge Tea

This place is pretty new to East Lansing, but already they are always having crazy long lines. Known for their fresh fruit series and the creme brulee topping, they have large boba drinks that are on the more expensive side, though their tea flavor is very distinct and the fresh fruit in all their drinks are refreshing. Their creme brulee milk tea is very sweet but very good if you are looking to indulge, though if you are looking for a more fruity drink, my personal favorite is the cheese foam mango tea.

Koala Bakery and Cafe

One of my favorite boba places in East Lansing. Not only do they have super good drinks, their desserts and appetizers are authentic to Taiwanese cuisine and on the cheaper side. Their desserts are super aesthetic and look great in pictures, but are expensive just like every other Asian bakery place. I like ordering the fried oysters, as they come with a great spicy sauce, and also the rose milk tea has a great rose flavor.

Ding Tea

A great classic place to get boba as it is on the cheaper side when it comes to bubble tea shops. It is usually busy and has long waits, but the workers always make sure their drinks still reach the standard. I always get the Strawberry Yakult, but any of the yakult series are great if you love fruit and refreshing drinks.

MOMO Tea

The inside of this shop is so cute, as their cups and the walls are decorated with cute pictures of cats. They have very classic choices and are on the cheaper side so I would go just for the cute cat theme.

Hello! My name is Greta Shaw and I am currently a sophomore attending Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. I plan on going into marketing and to use my Chinese communication skills to work internationally.