Audrey Short
Audrey Short
Original photo by Audrey Short

Audrey Short – Women’s History Month Committee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

The Women’s History Month Commitee (WHMC) at Michigan State University has spent the past few weeks planning events to bring the community together while both teaching and inspiring.

The HCMSU represpentatives have each contributed their own ideas and backgrounds to the project and as a team planned a themed content week for HCMSU through articles and social media posts.

Here’s a look into one of our four chapter members on the committee and what they contributed to our school and our chapter during this historical month.

Audrey Short: Class of 2023

A member of Her Campus since fall of 2021

Major: Economics

Minors: Italian, Quantitative Data Analytics 

HCMSU Involvement: Assistant Editor, Staff Writer

Instagram: @audrey_elizabeth__

Audrey Short took the lead on the allyship workshop and has attended all of the WHMC meetings, while also providing input and ideas.

“I wanted to get involved because I care very much about women being represented in all fields and earning the credit they deserve,” Short stated, “I have learned that when people are brought together by the same cause they can do great things.” 

Short learned about the “great support system for women within the women student services.”

She also looks forward to seeing all of their hard work pay off and to attend the other events being offered. 

When asked about her involvement within HCMSU, Short stated, “I wanted to find a welcoming space to share my creative outlets and meet great people. I love that it is more than just writing articles; you can really take advantage of the club’s opportunities and make it your own.”

To wrap up, Short shared, “I learned that though many women struggle with similar issues, we all have different perspectives on the issues. We should always listen when someone is reaching out because you never know how you can help them.”

Audrey Short wrote several articles for the Women’s History Month themed content week, which you can check out here.

Kaytlyn is a Senior at MSU majoring in Marketing and minoring in Creative Writing. She has been a published journalist and writer for over six years. Kaytlyn is currently the Chapter President and Campus Correspondent for HCMSU as well as being involved in the Campus Trendsetters program, College Fashionista program, and the HCM Internship Credit program. Outside of Her Campus, Kaytlyn has two cats, Leo and Zelda, as well as a ferret named Willow. She is also the President, Marketing Director, and a co-founder of the Creative Writing Club at MSU. She is also a cheer coach.