This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

We’ve all heard the hype surrounding iPads, but are they truly worth the praise? Interestingly enough, iPads were first introduced to the market in 2010, and since then they’ve become a staple for students. With nine generations, the iPad is not a newcomer to the technological industry. But recently, there have been lots of students attesting to what a lifesaver their iPad was for their grades. While I was skeptical about this, I was recently handed an old iPad. So sit back and let me tell you whether iPads are really a necessity.

1. Save the trees!

IPads are a great way to go paperless and become eco-friendly. While you may think that switching to technology might be hard, it’s quite simple. With an Apple Pencil, consumers can have the same mobility as a regular notebook and pencil. However, iPads are an alternative that doesn’t waste paper and allows the user to “write” on as many pages as they want! 

1. 24/7 Accessibility

Another handy feature about iPads is that the content can be accessed from anywhere and at any time. Most of the iPhone apps are available on the iPad and allow consumers to access content on their phones and their iPads. Additionally, instead of having to carry around a really heavy textbook for a class, students can download pdf versions of their textbooks and avoid getting backache.

1. Portability & Other Uses

As a college student, another staple tech accessory is a laptop. However, laptops can be heavy and hard to carry around campus. iPads are sleek, mini versions of laptops. Students can attach a keyboard to their iPads and use it just like they’d use a laptop. Aside from the portability, iPads are also great streaming devices. iPads are the perfect size to stream your favorite show wherever you may be!

1. Aesthetically pleasing

The best part about an iPad is the organization of the notes. With unlimited fonts and paper types, it’s every failed calligraphy artist’s dream. Note-taking apps like Notability and Goodnotes are both great examples of how aesthetically pleasing note-taking has become a priority for students.

But don’t take my word for it! While the iPad has endless possibilities, it’s up to the user and how much they explore. So go ahead and buy an Ipad, it’s a worthwhile investment!

A junior at MSU, majoring in human biology and minoring in business!