This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

With the hustle and bustle of finals season just around the corner, it may be difficult for college students to get the time to enjoy their Easter this spring. My celebration with my family, like many other college students, was put on hold this year. However, I am bringing my hometown to my college town this year, by participating in my family traditions with my friends.

1. Easter Egg Hunt

Every year, my family does a big Easter egg hunt with all of the cousins and t’s quite a sight to see. At noon all of the kids are running all over the house to find their eggs first because even though we all end up receiving the same amount, it’s still fun to race against each other to see who can be the first to find them. This year instead of going up against my cousins I went up against my boyfriend and roommate. I hid the eggs all over the apartment and filled them with goodies that catered to each person. I loved seeing the look on their faces when they found the eggs in my very funny hiding spots. And I will say that it got pretty heated near the end of the hunt.

2. Decorating Easter cookies

I use Easter as an excuse to eat all of the sweets I can, so I always love to decorate cookies with my grandmother. This year I had some friends over and made some cookies for them to decorate and take home to share with their loved ones.

3. Eating Easter candy (definitely a must)

I picked up some Easter-themed candy at the store to munch on and it definitely cured my Easter blues. Plus, it was a good excuse to eat some sugar-filled snacks.

4. Picking flowers

On Easter afternoon, my mom and I go out and pick flowers from the garden and arrange them all around the house. I decided that I would buy some flowers to put around my college apartment. They added the perfect touch of spring and brought me so much joy. ight have to buy some more often, and not just for the holidays!

5. Easter Dinner

Like many families, after all of the festivities we come together to share a delicious meal and share in each other’s company. So this year my friends and I had a lovely cheese board and ice cream night, which gave us an excuse to relax for once and eat a lot of good food.

Even though I was not able to make the trip home for Easter this year, I had a great time spending the weekend taking part in my family traditions with my college friends. I will definitely be planning another week of Easter-themed events next spring! I hope everyone has an egg-cellent Easter! 

Audrey is a senior at Michigan State University She is the Events Director, Book Club Manager, and Editor for her chapter. At MSU she is majoring in Economics and minoring in Quotative Data Analytics and Italian.