This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Alex Flack

Year: Senior

Major: Political Science

Hometown: Canton, Michigan

What is VIM? VIM is Michigan State’s premiere fashion and lifestyle publication. The first issue was released in 2010, and since then, VIM has published one issue each semester. We are one of the top student-run organizations at MSU. VIM provides students the opportunity to hone their creativity and fashion skills.

When did you first hear about VIM? I had known about VIM throughout college, but this past semester, I decided to go to a meeting on a whim. I’ve read every issue since I started at MSU in the spring of 2014.

What made you want to join VIM? Fashion has always been a hobby of mine — I’m always trying out new styles and makeup looks (hello purple lipstick), and VIM seemed like an awesome way to combine fashion into something productive that will help me in my career.

What is your specific role in VIM, and what do you do? I am the PR Director. The PR team is new this semester, so we’ve been building it from the ground up. Our responsibilities include reaching out to alumni, obtaining corporate sponsorships, organizing events and writing press releases. Most recently, we obtained a sponsorship from ColourPop cosmetics, which is really exciting!

What is your favorite thing about VIM? There are so many amazing things about VIM, but my favorite thing is the people. Everyone in VIM is hard working, creative and friendly. In my first semester, I’ve made some great friends and built a fantastic PR team.

Does VIM have any upcoming events? We are putting together a popup with nuyu, an athleisure brand from New York City that sells collegiate clothing. This should be coming sometime in March before March Madness starts, so stayed tuned for that!

Does VIM have any social media platforms? Yes! Instagram: @vimmagazine_msu, Snapchat: vimmagazine_msu, Facebook: VIM Magazine. Our Social Director, Hannah, does a great job with the content!

If someone wanted to join VIM, how would they go about doing so? By attending the VIM meetings — information on meeting dates is on our Facebook, or you can reach out to anyone at VIM. There are general membership and various team positions to apply for as well!

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian