etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Activities for Spring Break on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

No matter where you are, at home or abroad, spring break can be a blast.  Unfortunately, it’s harder to keep in the vacation spirit when you’re stuck on campus. Here’s a few activities to keep the week fun and festive!

1. Try something creative

Whether it’s baking, scrapbooking, journaling, or simply using a coloring book, doing something creative can help make the week feel new and exciting. Plus, you’ll have the added benefit of showing off your work on instagram.

2. Hang out with acquaintances

If your besties are out of town, being stuck in town can be hard. But your besties don’t have to be the only wonderful people in your life. Maybe there’s a girl in your math class who seems cool and is also stuck in East Lansing — perhaps the two of you can go get a bite to eat on Grand River.

3. Catch up on sleep

The benefit of being on campus is that there’s no stress of a new environment. Take advantage of all that free time to catch up on sleep lost during midterms. Not to mention, if your roommate is out as well you have twice as much freedom to grab a nap. Score!

4. Go for a walk

East Lansing is a beautiful campus. In the heat of class schedules, sometimes it’s easy to take everything around you for granted. If you live in South Campus, try exploring North Campus. Try out new routes to class that you’ve never taken. Not to mention, it’s a good way to get some exercise into your vacation.

5. Plan for the future

Spring break doesn’t last forever. It’s hard to ignore school while on campus, so why not embrace it? Make sure you have your schedule planned out for the next semester. Apply for that summer internship you wanted. Taking the stress off your shoulders will really help you relax before it’s time to actually go back to class.

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.