Style

Accessories and Trends to Elevate Your Look for Fall

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Now that we’ve fully transitioned from summer to fall, it’s the perfect time to switch around your wardrobe and accessories! Here are some of my favorite accessories and trends I love, especially for fall.

Puffer Vests

Puffer vests are the cutest way to elevate your fall wardrobe. I love pairing mine with a body suit or sweater with a pair of jeans. There are also so many colors to choose from that you can match with the clothing items you have in your closet. My personal favorite color options are sage green, beige, or dark brown.

Fall Colored Almond Shaped Nails

Almond nails are definitely my staple nail shape year round, but I feel that they’re perfect with fall outfits and colors. Trendy fall nail colors that I’ve been loving include wine red, mocha brown, and burnt orange. Incorporating these sorts of colors into a colored French tip design or with chrome on top elevates the look even more.

Brown Lip Combos

Fall is my favorite time to transition from vibrant peachy and pink lip combos to more neutral cool toned brown lip combos. A neutral brown lip is the perfect shade that’s guaranteed to match most of your fall wardrobe. There are tons of options to create different lip combos using lip liner, lipstick, and lip gloss.

Chunky Gold Hoops

I used to be more of a silver jewelry girl, but recently I switched over to gold and I’m obsessed. Chunky hoops are the best accessory to wear as an easy way to elevate your look for the day. Since I have four piercings on each ear, I like to use a chunky hoop for my first holes and use more delicate hoops for the rest of the holes.

Slicked Back Hair

I’m sure you’ve seen that slicked-back hairstyles have completely taken over the internet. I feel like they are a super good option for fall, especially for when it can be windy outside and you want your hair up and out of your face. I love that the options for a slicked-back look are endless, and can range from a slicked-back ponytail, bun, braid, and more.

These accessories and trends are a match made in heaven for that perfect fall look. The links provided for each recommendation highlight what I discussed as well as provide inspirational pictures.

Nikita Shetti is a Senior at Michigan State University studying Applied Engineering Sciences with a concentration in Supply Chain Management. She is an avid dog lover, who also enjoys travelling and trying new foods.