This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Warmer weather approaching means spending time outdoors and taking the time to appreciate all that East Lansing has to offer. A classic walk along Grand River will leave you wanting more.

Visit the MSU Dairy store

Time to treat your taste buds to a sweet dessert! Mel Tucker has had a flavor named after him called “Tucker’s scope and score” featuring pecans and Caramel swirl. There is even a flavor called “Izzo’s Malted Madness” which consists of malt ice cream with malt balls mixed in! Not a fan of chocolate, vanilla or strawberry ice cream? You are in luck, as the MSU dairy store offers a wide variety of cheeses to use in your next mac and cheese, grilled cheese, or Charcuterie board!

Take in a day at the Broad Art Museum

Time to get creative and enjoy local artists’ work at the museum! Admission is free, but donations are welcome. There is fun for the whole family, as there is a children’s portion for kids to enjoy. Blind Spot: Stephanie Syjuco will be featured at the Museum from February 4 to July 23, 2023. Fun fact: portions of the Batman vs. Superman movie were filmed here at the Broad in 2016! 

Enjoy some family fun at Pinball Petes

Not in the mood for a tasty treat or art? No worries! Michigan State University is close by Pinball Pete’s, where you can find a variety of arcade games to enjoy. Pinball Pete’s offers multiple pinball games as well as pool tables and a photo booth! It is a great place to enjoy time with your partner, family, or group of friends. 

These are just a few of the many fun and exciting things to do in East Lansing! I hope you find some fun ways to enjoy the warmer weather.

Katie is a Senior at Michigan State studying Communications. She loves all things baking, cooking and sports! Her favorite NBA team is the Golden State Warriors. She hopes to one day watch Steph Curry play live at a basketball game!