harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips to Relieve Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

With finals and the end of the semester coming up, everyone’s stress levels are off the charts. I mean, we basically have less than a month to save our grades. Here are five tips that can help relieve this end-of-semester stress.

1. Take a break

If you have a very important test, don’t try to cram everything 2 hours before your exam. Many studies have said that the best way to study is to space things out and to try to study in 30 to 45 minute intervals and take a small five to 15 minute break. In other words, don’t pull an all-nighter, because you won’t learn anything, you’ll be too tired to focus on the test and you will look like the GIF above.

2. Meditate

I know it sounds cliché but meditation clears your mind. Try to go to a yoga class or do some breathing exercises at home to help you calm down and relax.

3. Exercise

Another cliché technique, but working out has been proven to help release stress. So, next time you’re feeling so stressed that your chest hurts, grab your running shoes and go to the gym or go for a run, or a walk if you’re not that athletic. Just get moving.

4. Drink tea instead of coffee

I know some of us can’t function without our daily morning cup of coffee, but when you’re stressed, caffeine will only make it worse. Instead of drinking coffee, drink tea, which many studies have shown that it has a calming effect on your nervous system and its overall healthier for you.

5. Sleep

If nothing’s going your way and everything is going downhill, just take a big, fat nap. It may not solve all your problems — but once you wake up, you’ll feel more energized and maybe a little bit better.

Good luck to everyone out there on your finals! I hope everyone has a great end of the semester.

Maria graduated in 2021 with a major in Marketing and a minor in Sports Management. She was born in Barcelona, Spain, and enjoyed writting all types of content, from fun, non-political articles to sports blogs to articles discussing very critical issues. In the future, she hopes to be involved in the business aspect of a sports organization such as the NHL or La Liga.
Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.