This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

February is the second month of the new year and it is full of love. Although it does mean the start of classes and snow, you need to remember to think of yourself. You may start to get stressed or sad, but do not worry I have 5 self-care tips to help improve your February. 

Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions Going

Don’t give up on those new year’s resolutions! Although January is over and you may feel less motivated to eat healthily, work out, read more, etc. Remember that you made those resolutions for a reason! On average it takes around 60 days to create a habit, so keep it up until March and hopefully, by then your resolutions will become a part of your daily routine. 

Prioritize Your Sleep

Sleep is so important for our bodies and our minds. Your first thought may be to go on your phone or watch T.V. before bed, not knowing that it’s actually distracting you and not allowing your body to relax. Make a goal for yourself to get more sleep and turn off your electronics 30 minutes before bed. Try this out because it may be the one thing missing from your routine.

Drink More Water

Staying hydrated and drinking more water will transform your body. There are so many benefits from clearer skin to more energy. If you’re not a huge fan of water, put some fresh fruit in it to give it more flavor. Another helpful trick is to track your water intake. There are so many cute apps to make sure you’re drinking enough water each day. Some I recommend are plant nanny, drink water, drink water aquarium, and many more. Just look up a water tracker on your phone to find the best one for you.

Plan an At-Home Spa Day

There’s nothing like a spa day to help you destress. Go to the store and get some face masks, bath bombs, candles, etc. Pick a day during the week, like a weekend or something, where you can take a bath, do a face mask, paint your nails, and whatever you think will make you feel good. If you don’t want to go to the store, Pinterest has so many great easy face masks recipes and more.

Get Moving

Make a daily goal to get some exercise. Playing a podcast or some good music and going out for a walk or run will help you relax and feel good. Exercising is one of the biggest stress relievers for me and I definitely recommend fitting it into your routine. Some of my favorite ways to get moving is through yoga, walks, and at-home workouts. If you go on YouTube or the internet, you will be able to find millions of at-home workout classes you can take for free.  

I hope you enjoyed this article and find some fun ideas to take some time for yourself this month. Remember to take care of your mental and physical health and always love yourself! 

Maia is a freshman at Michigan State University majoring in Human Biology. She is passionate about health, fitness, and fashion. During her free time she loves cooking, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.