This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Since coming to college in August, one of my main go-to foods for any time of the day has been bananas. They’re great because they last for a longer period of time than other fruits like berries; they’re healthy with a great source of potassium which helps with anxiety and stress; and best of all, they are inexpensive, and you can even find them at the dining hall! Because bananas are so versatile and taste good with just about anything (especially peanut butter), here are some cheap and tasty recipes any college student can make:

Skinny Banana Bread 

For any banana bread lovers out there, this low calorie version from Tastes Better From Scratch is definitely the way to go. To make it more filling, serve a slice alongside some fruit like apples and blackberries. It definitely won’t disappoint! 

Get the recipe from https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/skinny-banana-bread/ 

Chocolate Banana Coconut Poppers 

For an easy sweet treat, slice up one banana into chunks (should make about four or five per banana) and dip half of the chunk into melted dark chocolate. For an extra touch, sprinkle on some coconut and drizzle peanut butter or cookie butter from Trader Joe’s! 

Peanut Butter, Banana, and Granola Bites 

For a filling, five-minute breakfast, spread peanut butter onto banana slices and then sprinkle on some granola for a crunchy topping! 100% satisfaction guaranteed. 

Happy Snacking! 

Ellia Flejtuch is a freshman at Michigan State University studying Dietetics and Psychology. Following graduating from MSU, she hopes to be a registered dietitian and work with individuals who suffer from eating disorders as well as those who generally struggle with their relationships with food and their bodies. She also hopes to one day start her own non-profit organization. Also, outside of academics, she enjoys writing articles, cooking, baking, watching Netflix, going on jogs and nature walks, listening to music, and drinking lots of tea. xoxo
Taylor is an alumnus of Michigan State University's James Madison College and Honors college, holding a Bachelor of Arts in Social Relations and Policy and a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. She formerly served as the Editor-in-Chief and co-Campus Correspondent of MSU's chapter. She works in Lansing She's passionate about women's rights, smashing the patriarchy, and adding to her fuzzy sock collection.