Wellness > Mental Health

20 Body Positive Affirmations for Your Journey to Self-Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Loving and accepting your body exactly as it is can be a very difficult thing to achieve. But the good news is that there are things you can do to make the process a lot easier for yourself. Writing or saying body positive affirmations is a great way to train your mind to speak kindly to and about yourself. It may feel weird or awkward to say these things to yourself at first- but the more you do it, the easier it becomes. The most important thing about affirmations is you need to be consistent! Make them a part of your regular routine and that is when you will see such a huge difference! 

Here is a list of 20 body positive affirmations. Pick out the ones that resonate with you the most and then write them down or say them to yourself. 

1. I love and accept my body just as it is today. 

2. My body is perfect in its own way and I don’t need it to look like anyone else’s. 

3. My body deserves love and respect. 

4. I am comfortable and confident in my own skin. 

5. I love my body because it allows me to experience the world around me. 

6. Life is too short and too precious to waste time obsessing over my body. 

7. I honor my body with loving thoughts and healthy choices.

8. I choose food that nourishes my body, mind, and spirit. 

9. I thank my body for its strength and resilience. 

10. I forgive myself for treating my body poorly at times. I am learning how to grow and evolve. 

11. I take care of my body and my body takes care of me. 

12. Love fills every inch of my skin and I feel the love inside my body. 

13. I am grateful for all the amazing things my body does for me. 

14. My body is a constant companion and works hard to accomplish what I want and need. 

15. My body is not for others’ approval or satisfaction, but for myself, to make me happy. 

16. I can learn to accept the parts of myself that I don’t like- this is how I grow. 

17. I honor and adore where I am, exactly how I am. I choose to be here. I choose this moment, in this body, in this skin. 

18. I release my contract with the endless societal pursuit of the “perfect body”. 

19. I am proud of how far I have come. 

20. I am so much more than just my body. 

If you feel resistance at first, keep going! Once you push past that discomfort, you will see the most results. It’s time to become the happiest and healthiest version of yourself! 

Sarah Peltz is a student at Michigan State University studying journalism and public relations. With a passion for health and wellness, Sarah enjoys working out, cooking, and simple acts of self-care.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.