5 Products You NEED from Lush This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Let’s face it, winter is not the kindest season to our skin. Cracked and dry skin is seemingly unavoidable during those long winter months – unless you have some amazing products to use! Besides being fresh and handmade, Lush’s products are also filled with loads of natural ingredients that really help to keep your skin soft and healthy, the right way. Here are 5 of my favorite Lush products that you should give a try!

Twilight Shower Gel

This shower gel is exactly what your tired and dry skin needs. Its lavender scent is calming and fills the air from the moment you start scrubbing. It also contains ylang ylang oil, which is great for relaxation. This gel is self-preserving, which means there are NONE of those harmful preservatives used and it’s vegan! As the fall semester comes to a close, this gel might just be what you need to wind down.     

Sleepy Body Lotion

This lotion goes hand in hand with the Twilight Shower Gel and I would definitely recommend buying them as a pair – the scents really compliment each other! This body lotion also smells of lavender and ylang ylang, is self-preserving and vegan, and it contains organic cocoa butter and oatmeal infusion to really give your skin the moisture it craves. Whether you are applying it right before bed or as you are getting dressed in the morning, it definitely leaves you feeling calm and refreshed.  

Celestial Facial Moisturizer

I have always had combination skin, and could never seem to find the right facial moisturizer until I got my hands on this. The Celestial Facial Moisturizer is light, suitable for sensitive skin, calming and vegan! Just a very small amount of this lotion every morning and night is enough to give my face its necessary moisture – even in this freezing weather! It also contains organic cocoa butter which definitely helps.   

Tea Tree Toner Water

Now, this is by far my favorite Lush product. This toner water is amazing for acne-prone skin because as the name suggests, it contains tea tree, which is a natural antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial! Just a few sprays of this toner on a cotton pad and applied to your face removes all of that leftover dirt and make-up that you may have missed, and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clean! It is amazing and has worked wonders on my skin.  

Rentless Perfume  

Last, but not least is this interesting product. I have been looking for a new perfume for the longest time, but have just never been able to find something that I felt smelled like me. I have also been switching all of my beauty and skincare products over to vegan and cruelty-free, so finding a perfume like Rentless that smells amazing and is both of those things was just perfect. This scent may not be for everyone, but it is absolutely unique. It contains patchouli oil, grapefruit oil, and vanilla, which create a scent similar to your favorite holiday candle. The best part about this product is that it actually STAYED on my skin, unlike so many other perfumes I have tried that seemingly stay on for about 30 minutes and quickly fade away after that. Even if you’re not sure about this particular scent, I would definitely recommend you go to the perfume section and find one that suits you, because there are plenty to choose from!   

Allyssa is an English major at Montclair State University. In her spare time she enjoys writing and reading poetry, exploring New York City, strolling through art museums, and driving with the windows down, jamming to The 1975.  
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.