kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Easy And Healthy Breakfasts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Breakfast is no doubt the most important meal of the day. Believe it or not, one meal can determine the type of day you are going to have. So, it’s up to you if you want to have an energized day or not. If you are ready to start your day off with some energy, you came to the right place! It is sometimes hard to eat a healthy breakfast while in college due to time constraints and not having a kitchen in your dorm. Luckily, we have a solution for you all! We made a list of four dorm-friendly breakfast meals that can be made in a short amount of time and there is no kitchen needed! 

Fat-free plain yogurt with granola, chia seeds, and fresh fruit

This is a refreshing breakfast for a nice spring morning. Preparation time is less than ten minutes and it doesn’t get any better than this. Some of our favorite fruits to add are strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, but that shouldn’t limit you because there are SO many delicious fruits out there. With this yummy breakfast you can get your dairy, grains, dietary fiber, and fruit! 

Overnight oats

Early classes really getting to you this semester? Overnight oats is the perfect meal for the college student that has a total of five minutes to get ready for class in the morning. You are going to have to prepare these overnight oats the night before so that they can sit in your mini fridge overnight and be ready in the morning. Try slicing some fruit the night before as well so that you can take your oats out of the fridge and throw some fruit in. With these yummy oats, you can get some fruit and grains into your body before your long day of classes. Check out some cool ideas here.

Whole grain rice cake with almond butter

Do you hate heavy meals in the morning? If you answered yes, then this is just the meal for you. Rice cakes are naturally airy and they somehow manage to make you feel full. Since plain whole grain rice cakes are on the boring side, we suggest you top it off with some almond butter. With this meal, you will get a nice serving of whole grains and some protein all before 9am!

Whole wheat toast/ bread topped with peanut butter and sliced bananas

Our favorite childhood after school snack doubles as the perfect college student breakfast! One slice of wheat bread alone is filling and adding peanut butter and bananas just makes it more exciting because breakfast should be exciting, right? By eating this meal, you can tackle three food groups in one delicious bite!

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4

Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!