You Need This YouTube Channel In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Whether you are a busy-bee business woman, a fitness fanatic, or an easy-going gal with all the free time in the world, there is one YouTube channel you need to make time for. Yoga With Adriene is one subscription you need in your life, and as soon as humanly possible. I will say up front, you don’t need to a be a Yogi, or even ever have done yoga in your life to love this one. There are tons of reasons why I love Yoga With Adriene, and I’ll give you the low down on a few.

The practice choices are endless, there are clear and descriptive titles on every video- and she’s got something for every feeling, mood, issue, and purpose. Regardless of what your day is like or what you’re feeling or looking for; relaxation, peace, stress relief, pain relief for any body part possible, a little heat, sweat, or just a good stretch- she’s got you covered. A few of my favorites range from ‘Head and Heart Reset’, ‘Yoga for Weight Loss Love Yoga Flow’, ‘Let It Go Yoga Flow’, ‘Yoga for Anxiety and Stress’ (I may have to revisit this one with the amount of exams and homework I have piling up), and ‘6- Minute Yoga Chill’ for a quick refreshing practice.

She makes it easy to find what you want; her entire channel is organized into playlists that make it quick to find a practice that will fit your needs. Classifications like “Yoga for Busy People” with short 10-15 minute practices; “Yoga for Beginners” with basic, simple, guided videos; and “Love Yo’ Self- February 2018” which is filled with a yummy, self-love focused practice for every day of the month. She also has done several different 30 day or month-long series which offer structure with a new practice every day. I’ve found these to bring a strong sense of community as you and some of her other 3 million subscribers go through these practices every day together.

In each video, Adriene talks you through each move, guiding you through the practice and encouraging you to continually check in with your body and your breath, combining all aspects of the practice without getting too ‘weird’ on you like some yoga practices may seem. Even if you are completely opposed to the spiritual aspect sometimes associated with yoga, fear not. She makes it clear that you choose what you want to get out of it and she encourages more body and mind centered goals than anything else. She also has Foundations of Yoga videos for many poses, showing and walking you through you how to properly do any that you may have questions on or are unfamiliar with.

Whether you are an avid yogi or you have never done yoga before, this page is worth checking out. I challenge you to get on your mat, or just watch a video that catches your eye, and see how different you feel or what it sparks in you. We could all use a new way to love ourselves, and this is one your body, muscles, heart, and mind will appreciate without a doubt!

Namaste!

I am a senior Marketing major and Innovation and Entrepreneurship minor at MNSU, Mankato. I've been in charge of both the Marketing and Event teams for my Her Campus chapter and I love every second! Just a small town girl who loves Jesus, cooking and baking, being active, getting lots of sunshine, traveling, and spending time with her amazing family! 
Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.