This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

I have been working with kids since my sophomore year of college making it be four years now. I have always known that working with kids is my passion and something I want to make into a full-time career once I graduate. Starting off as a nanny and having that job for three years. After that I started working at a daycare, it was amazing at first but then I started to dread going into work and did not have to motivation as I have had before. I kept on putting this voice in the back of my mind that it was me and kids just do not like me. Talking to my family and friends about how I felt really helped with my decision to find a new job. It came to the point where I did not know if working with kids was something I really wanted to do or not. Wondering if I just wasted my whole college career on something I was not passionate about anymore.

I began the job search again and was debating if I should try something other than a daycare. But after long conversations with my mom, I decided to give the daycare scene another try. Maybe it was not me, it was just the environment I was working in. And working in a place you are not happy can make a world of a difference. It did not take long before I got a call from a director at another daycare asking if I would like to work there. I got the call when I was in the car with my roommate and my mood about instantly changed. Excited about my new job and seeing where it takes me. Recurring myself that working with kids is what I was meant to do. 

I have been at my new job a month now. Even though that is not a long time it has made a huge difference in my mood and attitude. I love going into work and helping the kids grow and learn. Sometimes all you need is a change and change is so good when you are feeling like you are failing.

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.