Meet Our PR and Marketing Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Our Public Relations and Marketing Team is a bold group of young women who promote the message of Her Campus beyond the content of our articles. Apart from promoting campus involvement, this team establishes partnerships and connections with outside organizations for everything from fundraising to advertising. Meet some of our fantastic team members:

Bella Gonzalez: Director of PR and Marketing, Executive Board

“I am so grateful to Her Campus Minnesota for connecting me with some amazing women and for giving me the chance to grow as a female leader on this campus.”

Year: Junior

Major: Strategic Communication

When and why did you join Her Campus?

I have been a part of HC since March 2016. I joined because I really liked the idea of having another student group on campus which worked to empower women.

What about joining Her Campus surprised you?

That I get to work with some of the most passionate women I have ever met.

What has been your proudest moment so far as a college student?

I’m proud of my internship, where I am gaining valuable experience in the PR/Event Planning fields. I am also very proud that I get the opportunity to help the women on the PR/Marketing team learn useful tools and skills that they will be able to utilize after graduation.

What are your hobbies? What do you like to do when you manage to find some free time?

I’m obsessed with going to concerts. I have definitely chosen buying concert tickets over groceries before.  

What is your go-to coffee/tea order?

Iced vanilla latte.

Brooke Benson

Year: Junior

Major: Human Resources Development and Business & Marketing Education

When and why did you join Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus Spring of 2016. I always wanted to be involved with a student group on campus and none of them really stood out to me until I saw information about Her Campus Minnesota. I wanted to be a part of a group of people that I knew would build each other up and work towards empowering women, so joining seemed like the perfect opportunity to me!

I was really surprised by how much support is given from each team member. If anyone ever needs help, there’s always someone there willing to assist you with whatever you need.

I think balancing my hectic schedule has made me the most proud. I’m a first generation college student, I commute from home, I have a job, I’m in a sorority, and involved in Her Campus, all while being a full time student. It can be stressful at times, but I’m just really proud that I’ve been able to juggle all these things at once.

I really love to get out and explore new places around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. If I ever have an afternoon free, I make sure I go out and do something. Whether it be walk around a new lake I haven’t been to or go to the zoo or the stone arch bridge. I just enjoy always having something to do.

What is your go-to coffee/tea order?

Vanilla latte with soy milk!

Pa Lee

Year: Junior

Major: Communications with a minor in Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies

When and why did you join Her Campus?

I joined fall of 2016. I originally joined Her Campus to not only benefit me in my field of work, but to be connected and surrounded by other young, encouraging and open-minded women.

Her Campus not only is encouraging, but talks about a lot hard topics, e.g. xenophobia and race imbalance. I hope that in the future we’ll be able to talk more about it.

Probably when I’ve been stressing out about a 100 point plus assignment and feeling like a failure only to get it back with full points and get my work showcased.

I LOVE reading, during any break you can definitely find me snug and comfortably (or not so comfortably) tucked somewhere with a book in my hand. Literally anyone who loves fantasy, Young Adult, contemporary fiction and poems automatically becomes my best friend.

What is your go-to coffee/tea order?

Skinny peppermint soy latte (sometimes even in the summer).

Lucy Preysz

Year: Junior

Major: Journalism with a focus in Strategic Communication

When and why did you join Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus this semester. I joined because I wanted to further my communication and leadership skills, as well as be surrounded by a group of empowering women.

All the wonderful opportunities!

I love to spend time with friends and explore Minneapolis.

What is your go-to coffee/tea order?

Iced Vanilla Latte.

Marissa Brady

Year: Freshman

Major: Sociology in Law, Criminology, and Deviance

When and why did you join Her Campus?

Summer 2016. I wanted a place to voice my opinions because it’s important that women’s voices are heard.

Everyone is super welcoming.

Being an independent and responsible adult.

Hang out with friends, try new restaurants and explore the city.

Ali Bollman

Year: Sophomore

Major: Social Work

When and why did you join Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus this semester because I heard of the amazing opportunities to grow in my professional and personal self. I wanted to grow with different abilities for future careers and Her Campus was the perfect choice.

Others had the same ideas as me about why they joined.

Seeing the results of studying and trying my best.

Hanging with friends, Netflix and napping.

What is your go-to coffee/tea order?

Iced coffee.

Mackenzie O’Reilly-Christensen

Year: Junior

Major: Strategic Communications and Public Relations

When and why did you join Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus this past year because I wanted to find a platform that would advance women’s voices and perspectives, while also being part of an organization that relates to my major.

The passion of the community of girls in Her Campus surprised me in a good way because we need that kind of passion to be successful when telling our story.

My proudest moment is being able to connect with people in my classes and create new relationships by being more open with strangers.

During my free time, I devour books and go to concerts as often as I can. These hobbies both take you to a different space and allow you to escape.

What is your go-to coffee/tea order?

Probably a Peppermint Mocha or Mango Black Tea Lemonade.

Natalie Can, Executive Board

“Her Campus overall is an amazing and empowering team to be a part of. The best decision I made at the University of Minnesota was becoming a part of this group.”

Year: Junior

Major: Communication Studies

When and why did you join Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus last year. I joined it because it seemed like a great opportunity to get professional experience in event planning, because that is something I potentially want to do after I graduate.

How quickly the girls became close to each other and how the environment we have created is amazing. It doesn’t feel like a team; it feels more like a second family.

My proudest moment in my college career so far is getting into the U of M being a transfer student from Normandale Community College.

I love to drink coffee anytime of any day. I also love to hangout with my family anytime I have free time.

What is your go-to coffee/tea order?

Cold brew with two pumps of hazelnut and milk.

Emily Wangen

Year: Sophomore

Major: Mathematics with an emphasis in Physiology

When and why did you join Her Campus?

Spring 2016, because I wanted to be a part of a group of empowered women and gain professional experiences that will help with my future.

I was surprised at how professionally meetings and everything ran and how much of a team that everyone was, because I had missed being a part of a team.

When I finally figured out what I wanted to major in and got accepted into the department and could start working towards my future .

I like to run 5ks and work out, but I also like Gopher games and Netflix .

What is your go-to coffee/tea order?

White chocolate mocha.

Amidst all the craziness this fall, the PR and Marketing team is planning big things for next semester. Right now they are organizing putting together the Her Campus Minnesota promotional video which will be released next spring, along with starting to make plans for our Mr. Minnesota fundraising event and our She Can Empowerment Conference both of which will also take place next semester. It just goes to show that their job is never done, and we’re incredibly lucky to have such hard-working women on our team!

Neuroscience major, Computer Science minor. Her Campus Minnesota Editorial Staff and Community Involvement Chair. My aesthetic is putting hot sauce on everything and watching cute videos of dogs.