Keeping Up To Date: Thoughts Of The Mid-Way Point In The Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

For majority of the student body across campuses nationwide the numbing effect of caffeine has given way to a startling reality. We have come across the midway point. For many of us, midterms are approaching or have just been completed (yours truly has completed hers with enough fear to last me through Halloween into next year.)  Looking back, it’s crazy to think we’ve already rolled through a couple months of school now. Getting back into the swing of classes and campus life is something I have found some difficulty in adjusting to. My once sacred balance of work and home has been thrown into an upheaval of school, homework, studying and attempting a social life.

But as school continues into the second leg of the semester, it’s important to remember that if we’ve made it this far, we can make it through the home stretch.

Don’t forget to set up appointments with your advisers! Speak to your professors and get caught up on how you’re doing in the class. A key part of making it through the semester is knowing where you stand and what you can do with that going forward. If you need to review certain lessons or if you feel generally uneasy about things, let them know. Your professors are there for you and want you to succeed.

Taking advantage of your tutoring programs at school is also a secret weapon not enough students use! When your professors are stacked to the teeth with assignments and doing their best to keep up, there are students waiting ready to help when you go to see them. Your classmates are also a very important resource in your class. See if anyone is willing to study together. Don’t be afraid to send an email their way and ask if they have an hour available! You may find that something your strong in is something they’re needing help with as well. When your class works together, you will find that studying becomes much easier and overall the class becomes easier to understand.

It is also very important to manage your stress. If you’re feeling anxious, upset, and unsure of how you’re feeling, go to set an appointment with a counselor. See your on campus doctor and let them know how you’re doing. They care about your well being, and want to see you in tip-top shape physically, mentally and emotionally. You’d be surprised at how many resources are available to students that they have no clue about! If you need to talk to someone and feel that you cannot go to anyone in your life, they are a wonderful place to start. Especially as stress builds between midterms to finals, it is great to have a place to go to freely speak your mind.

Overall, it’s imperative to keep up to date on everything you do as a student as the semester moves on to the race to the finish. Communication really is key in your college career. It will not only improve your skills going into the work force, but build relationships with those around you. When you feel stressed, look around and see what your options are, you may have more than you could even fathom!

*All images Courtesy of LinkedIn and Giphy

Lindsey Tracy

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3