I got this picture approved already for kasbidel@gmail.com, but since I write for Millersville University, I cannot access it when I am writing my article to upload. Is there any way I could have this sent over to this email instead?
Myself
Career

I Have Never Belonged Until Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Growing up, I watched everyone around me “find their group of people.” It is safe to say that I never did that. Sure, I have been in groups of people before, in school, with dance, in clubs, and more, but I have never felt like I truly belonged to any of them. I shared the same passions, interests, and goals as the individuals inside the group, but I felt no true connection to those individuals. I always felt left out, unwanted, and not good enough. Along the way, I got used to this feeling and thought of it as normalcy. I got used to feeling left out, unwanted, and not good enough. 

When I went off to college, I expected things to be different. I had gotten accepted into the honors college at my university and was excited about meeting new people and hopefully creating close relationships. I joined different clubs and tried to reach out to others in the Honors College, but I did not feel like I belonged there either. The three feelings of feeling left out, unwanted, and not good enough followed me even though I wished for them to leave and be replaced by feelings of acceptance, warmth, and ultimately, belonging. My first year of college was hard, as I made some friends and lost some of them within the same year. I was away from my best friend, as she had moved out of state, and I was very confused and felt alone. I was also around three hours away from my boyfriend since I had enrolled in a university that was further away from my hometown. In response, I delve into my studies and schoolwork to keep my mind occupied. 

I am now in my second year of college and feel much more secure. I have gotten the hang of time management, my boyfriend and I have learned how to manage a long-distance relationship, and my best friend comes home every so often to see me.

It is not necessarily that I have always wanted to be involved in a group, but of all the times I have been in a group for an organization, a club, or a team, I have never felt completely welcomed or like I actually belong. Until now. In mid-October, I joined a business that sells health, beauty, and wellness products. I did not join for friendships or for fun, I joined because I loved the products and I needed an extra income for college. For these last few months, I have never felt like I belonged with a group of people until now. I never even knew I could feel like I belonged with a group of people. For most of my life, I have learned how to be completely independent, and it is an overwhelming feeling to know that I can rely on such faithful people. We all recently went to Florida together for a small pay-cation, and I made such amazing and memorable experiences with them. Not only did we all gather for tips and exciting announcements about the company, have a glow party together, explore, and hang out, but we all got to know each others’ real and raw selves. We all sat around in a circle explaining what it was that drives us to do the things that we do, and we also shared each others’ stories. I cried with them, laughed with them, and grew closer to them. They have helped me on my journey to feeling good enough on my own. 

I already got this approved for kasbidel@gmail.com, but cannot access it when writing for Millersville University, could I have this transferred to this email instead?
Myself

We all have similar interests, passions, and goals, but I do NOT feel left out, unwanted, or not good enough. I finally feel acceptance, warmth, and belonging, when before, I did not even know it was possible. 

HCXO, Kasidy

Kasidy Bidelspacher

Millersville '22

Dancer. Writer. Lover. I am a twenty-one-year-old junior with a psychology major. I am just going about my life trying to spread more love :) Check out my published poetry book on Amazon and eKindle called "Lotus Flowers" !